Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This was Fun

ShopRite - I was so surprised to get overage on the $4 coupon today. I went to five different ShopRites and only one cashier adjusted the coupons down! That never happens to me at SR. The coupons don't beep or require manager override. Here's the meat and potatoes of the transactions:
  • 4 Knox Nutra Mix for Strong Nails $3.49 each (found with other vitamins & Knox stuff), used four $4 coupons (2/14 RP or found in Healthy Savings booklet found in stores) and got back $4 catalina for spending $25 on Knox products (calculated based on shelf prices) = $6.04 profit

Here's what I used as fillers to eat up the overage: 3 Reeses king size candy bars $1 each, GoodLife cat treats $2.49 and three Capri Sun's $2.29 each. I'll use the Capri Suns towards the $20 Kraft Back to School rebate (WYB 10 crackers, 5 beverages and 5 Easy Mac cups).

One store didn't have four of the nail supplements, so I bought:

  • 2 Knox Nutri Joint (canisters) $4.99 each ($9.99 shelf price) and one of the Nail thingies. Total after three $4 coupons was $1.47, so $2.53 profit after the $4 catalina.

RiteAid - these are for my set of rebates. I've bought 6 bottles of John Frieda sham/cond already, so I've done the rebate twice ($5 WYB 3, Limit 3 rebates). These four Biore finish out that rebate.

  • 2 Biore Pore Strips (6-8 ct) $5 and 2 Biore cleansing towelettes $5, used four $1 RA coupons, two BOGO coupons (3/7 SS) and two $2 off 2 coupons (peelie coupon from packages) = $2 and will get back $5 for SCR #41 ($5 WYB 3, Limit 3 rebates) = $3 profit
  • Psssssst shampoo $6.49, will submit for Try Me Free rebate at my parents' address (sticker on package) = FREE
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon (or $5 off $25 coupon), total was $5

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow what a great shopping trip!! I wish we had one of those around here! I'm so jealous :)

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Whoa!! You're going to have the best nails on the planet! How fun!

News Around The Blogs said...

Sweet trip! I need to move somewhere they a Rite Aid and Shop Rite...