Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I've got the bug! I went through my closets and pulled out some clothes and shoes I don't wear anymore to donate. I also dropped off my mountain of Stayfree and other assorted items to a local ShopRite. They have a bin for the town's food pantry and you can drop off your items and go. I love that! Previously, I took all my stuff to another town's food pantry and you had to walk in the building, down the hall, find the director, wait for her to open her office, hand over the bags one by one as she found a space in the office for each. Then another trip back out to the car, in again, etc. It was such a hassle that I always put it off. And they were only open during regular business hours, so it was so hard to get there. Now I just find a shopping cart, load it up and drop everything off at once. Its so convenient. I made a donation last week too, and both trips filled up an entire shopping cart. I love being able to pass on items to others that can use them.

Once that was done, I headed inside for a quick trip:
  • 4 Breakstone Sour Creams $0.99 each, used two $0.55 coupons and two $0.60 coupons (all doubled fully! I was shocked) = $0.64 profit
  • Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon Rolls $1.99, used freebie coupon (I've had this FOREVER! I think I got it from Vocal Point, cashier put in as $1.35 because I wasn't expecting the overage) = FREE
  • Total was zero

Second ShopRite

  • 4 Breakstone Sour Creams $0.99 each, used two $0.55 coupons and two $0.60 coupons = $0.64 profit
  • Half gallon milk $1.99
  • Fleischmann's butter $0.99
  • Total was $2.29

5 comments:

mb said...

what do you do w/ all the sour cream??

frugalsuz said...

Cook with it, bake with it, give some to my mom, etc. It keeps really long after the expiration date too. Keep it in the back of your fridge upside down to keep the air out.

Kathy said...

I was wondering the same thing!!! Can you freeze it?

Also, wondered where you have been. Five long days since you posted. Figured you were doing something!!! HaHa

frugalsuz said...

I bet you probably could freeze it. I know, five whole days without a post! haha

frugalsuz said...

I bet you probably could freeze it. I know, five whole days without a post! haha