Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Merchandise Total: $501.38
Value of Coupons Used: $340.67
ECB's/Gift Cards Used: $152.20
ECB's Earned: $161.28
# Items: 205
# Free Items: 142
All Other Stores
Merchandise Total: $579.14
Value of Coupons Used: $412.61
Rewards/Gift Cards Used: $54.36
Rewards Earned: $15
Total Cost after Rewards & Rebates: $45.42
# Items: 227
# Free Items: 130
Survey says...I stayed within budget! My goal for August is to reduce my budget to $140. We'll see how I do.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
- 4 Loreal Hydra Gloss shampoo/conditioner (cleaned out the store...this was ALL they had left!) = $4.99 each = $19.96 - $9.98 (store BOGO sale) - two $1 RA coupons - two BOGO coupons (7/13 paper) = $2 profit! *Don't ask me why I didn't use four $1 RA coupons, honestly I have no idea! If you do this deal, try to use a $1 RA coupon for every bottle you buy. It should work and give you more overage.
- Coast soap $2.99 - $2 SCR = $0.99
- Total was $1.90 after tax
- 2 Tropicana OJ's $3.99 each, BOGO - $1 off 2 coupon (5/4 RP) = $2.99
- 3 Yoplait yogurts 2 for $5 - $0.50 coupons (tripled) = $1 each (for some reason, I thought these were going to be free. I swear, its been one of those days)
- Clearanced rolls $1.40
- Apples $3.04
- 4 Sure deodorants $1.39 - $0.75 coupon (5/18 RP -doubled only up to $1.39) = FREE
- Used $1 catalina and $5 catalina from previous Excedrin deals
- Total was $4.05
Sunday, July 13, 2008
This bridge/walkway looked so cool. I felt like it was something straight out of Lord of the Rings.
We're definitely going to go back, and next time, I promise I'll check my batteries BEFORE we leave. :)
- Electrasol $2.99 - $2.25 coupon (7/13 paper) = $0.74 - will get back $2 SCR #257= $1.26 profit!
- Crest whitening expressions $2.49 - $1 coupon (7/5 P&G) = $1.49 - will get back $2.49 SCR = $1 profit
- 4 Loreal Hydra Gloss shampoos $4.99 each, BOGO sale, BOGO coupon (7/13 paper) - two $1 RA coupons = $2 profit...hmm, I wonder if I could have used 4 RA coupons?
- Total was $1.31
DBF bought second container of Electrasol - total was $0.95 and will get back $2 rebate
A&P - thanks Dhunny for the tips!
- 5 papers $1.50 each
- 2 containers of milk $2.29 each
- 2 Colgate fresh BOGO sale - $0.75 coupon (6/29 SS) (tripled) = $1.01 overage
- 4 Suave deodorants $1.39 each - $0.75 coupon (5/18 RP, also more in today's paper) = FREE (coupons only tripled up to amount of deodorant - no overage)
- Crystal Lite to go sticks $0.99 - $0.50 coupon (from free sample) = FREE (no overage)
- Coupons used: 2 $0.75 Colgate, 4 $0.75 Suave, $0.50 Crystal Lite, $5 catalina, four $1 catalina's
- Total was $0.54!
Friday, July 11, 2008
- 2 Dove chocolate bars (forgot to put in pic!) - 2 for $1 and had scanner coupon for BOGO = $0.50
- 2 Olay face washes $5.99 each - two $3 coupons = $5.98
- CVS hand sanitizer spray - $1.79 - got coupon for a free one from scanner = FREE
- CVS trial size cotton swabs - $0.50 - $2 CVS Skincare coupon = $1.50 overage
- Coupons used: two $3 Olay, free coupon for sanitizer, $2 CVS skincare, $1 ECB
- Total was $1.70 and got back $10 ECB for Olay
A&P has triple coupons this week and I was very happy with how I did. My total was $0!!!
- 2 Hellmann's mayo - raincheck for 2 for $5 - used two $1 coupons (5/18 RP) = $3 for both
- 4 Excedrin PM and 2 Excedrin Back & Body - $1.99 each, used six $2 coupons (see post below for details on how to find coupons) = $0.06 overage
- 3 Daisy sour creams - $1 each - $0.60 coupon (6/1 RP) x 3 = $0.80 overage on each = $2.40 overage
- 3 Ragu pouches of sauce - $2.49 each - $0.75 coupon (5/18 RP) x 3 = $0.24 each
- 3 jars Bertolli sauce - $2.99 each - $0.75 coupon (5/4 RP) x 3 = $0.74 each
- Lipton Pure Leaf tea - $1 - $0.55 coupon (found on tearpad at CVS) x 3 (only tripled up to $1.39 for some reason) = $0.39 overage
- Total was negative $0.58! I told the Customer Service girl not to worry about it, that's good enough for me. :) Plus I'll submit for the Excedrin Back & Body rebate!
- Got back $1 catalina, $1 catalina, $1 catalina AND $5 catalina for Excedrin deal! The deal was for a $5 catalina when you spent $10 worth, so I'm not sure where the extra ones came from. I had to go to the Customer Service desk to get my catalina, so she saw all of them print and still gave them to me - yay! To get the catalina to print, she had to re-ring the Excedrin and then return them. The machine printed a $1 catalina and a $1 coupon on the return - she gave me these too! I also got three $1 Excedrin A&P coupons (will combine with manufacturer's coupons when I do this deal again...I'm thinking on Sunday so I can pick up my papers too).
Thursday, July 10, 2008
- One (1) of Any Variety for a $1.00 Rebate OR
- Purchase Two (2) of Any Variety for a $3.00 Rebate OR
- Purchase Three (3) of Any Variety for a $5.00 Rebate
I'm going to swing by RiteAid tomorrow to see if I can find these. She recommends looking in the register area for them.
This rebate is valid from 6/29 - 7/26 and from 06/27/08 - 07/24/08 in select California stores. LIMIT ONE (1) REBATE
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
- Olay face wash $5.99 - $3 coupon (thanks dancinmama!) = $2.99 (now have $11.98 towards the $20 limit to get back $10 ECB)
- CVS trial size hand sanitizing wipes $0.99 - $2 CVS skincare coupon = $1.01 overage
- 2 Pringles $1 each - get back $1 ECB WYB 2
- CVS brand popcorn $0.99 (this is actually really yummy)
- 2 bags CVS pretzels $0.69 each - used $1 off 2 pretzels/nuts coupon from scanner = $0.38 for both
- Coupons used: $3 Olay, $2 CVS skincare, $1 CVS coupon for pretzels, $5 ECB
- Total was $0.35 and got back $1 ECB for Pringles
- 2 more Entenmann's (yummo!) $1.99 each - $0.55 coupons that double = $0.89 each
- Excedrin migraine $1.89 - $2 coupon = $0.11 overage and box had $1 coupon that I'll use some other time
- ShopRite apple juice $0.99
- Purina Healthful Life cat food $2.09 - freebie coupon (thanks dancinmama!) = FREE
- Coupons used: 2 $0.55 Entenmann's, $2 Excedrin, Purina coupon, $0.05 bag discount
- Total was $2.68
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
NEW - A&P/Superfresh (7/11 - 7/17) - TRIPLE COUPONS! Woo hoo! I don't have my circular in hand yet, so I'm basing this on what the HCW folks are chattin' about.
- Daisy sour cream 10 for $10 - $0.60 coupon (6/1 RP) = $0.80 profit
- Wacky Mac pasta $0.68 - $0.50 off 3 coupon (6/22 RP - I didn't get this one :( = $0.54 for 3 bags
- Hebrew National hot dogs $2.49 (4 day sale?) - $0.75 coupon (6/22 SS, I got a $1 so no dice for me) = $0.24
- M&M's 2 for $5 - $0.75 coupon (6/1 RP - mine was $1.50 off 2 :( ) = $0.25/bag
- BIG MONEYMAKER - $5 catalina WYB $10 of Novartis products (Excedrin, Keri, Maalox, GasX, ExLax, Benefiber, Triaminic, TheraFlu and Lamisil): I'm going to get 6 Excedrins $1.99 each = $11.94. There are tons of coupons out there for Excedrin: $2 off Back & Body or Excedrin PM (4/20 Parade magazine in paper), $2 Excedrin migraine, $2 Excedrin PM (6/8 SS), $2 Back & Body (5/4 SS), $1 coupons on some packages. There was also a MIR for Back & Body in the 6/8 SS.
- $11.94 - $12 (6 $2 coupons) = -$0.01 and get back $5 catalina!
- WOOPS! Just remembered that A&P doesn't take Internet coupons, so just stick with the insert ones.
- Land O Lakes eggs - not sure of price but there's a $0.50 coupon in the 6/8 SS (it says Do Not Double, but the coupon code starts with 5, which means it'll double and triple)
- EDIT - sorry, this is for the week of 7/20, not 7/13. Trident XTRA CARE gum - BOGO $1.49 and there are $0.75 coupons in the All You magazine (Issue 7, August 1, 2008 - found at Walmart check out aisles). Use two $0.75 coupons to get 2 packs free, then get back $1 ECB (monthly deal WYB 2) = $1 profit
- 4 X 6 10 Page hardcover photo books ($3.99), $3.99 ECB = FREE, LIMIT 2
- 16 x 8 10 Page hardcover photo books ($7.99), $7.99 ECB and use $3 coupon (5/4 or 6/8 SS) = $3 profit, LIMIT 2
- NEW - Sally Hansen nail polish $0.99 each - $3 off 2 coupon from iheartcvs (Printable Coupons link) = $1.01 profit WYB 2 (no limit posted in ad - yay!)
- Crest Whitening Expressions $2.49, SCR:(#225) $2.49, with $1 coupon from 7/5 P&G = $1 profit (still a profit no matter how much your coupon was for)
- Loreal Vive Hydra Gloss Shampoo/Conditioner BOGO, use upcoming BOGO coupon (7/13 paper) and two $1 RA coupons = $2 profit
- *NOTE - CVS will be having a BOGO sale on Loreal during the week of 7/20. So if you don't have a RiteAid or Walgreens, make sure you hang on to your coupons for this week.
- Electrasol $2.99, SCR $2.00, use upcoming $2.25 coupon (7/13 paper) = $1.26 profit
NEW - Walgreens
- Powerade - use the in-circular coupon to make them $0.89 each. There's a $1 coupon coming out in this weekend's paper - so that means $0.11 profit on each
- Loreal Vive Hydra Gloss Shampoo/Conditioner BOGO, use upcoming BOGO coupon (7/13 paper) = FREE
Extra-Early Head's Up - CVS Week of 7/20:
- Buy $20 worth of selected CVS brand items - get $5 ECB -- I know, right off the bat, you're thinking, "So what frugalsuz? That doesn't sound so hot." Have no fear, fellow hounds...let's work this deal a bit harder, shall we?
- The deal includes CVS cotton swabs 2/$3, CVS diapers and kidpants 2/$12 and CVS baby 14-15 oz. & wipes 80 ct. 2/$4. "Wait a minute...did you say wipes 2 for $4??" Yup I did...this is the crucial part! Step one is to print off a million $2 CVS skincare coupons from iheartcvs.com (printable coupons section)...well, ok, not really a million. You'll need 10 (or 20, if you have two CVS cards like I do). The wipes will ring up as $2 - use your magic $2 coupon and your total should be zero! (I don't think there's tax on these) The annoying part of this deal is that since these coupons beep if you use more than one in a transaction, you'll either have to break up your transaction into 10 parts or do it gradually over the week. But once you've bought 10 wipes = $20 worth, the magic CVS registers will print a beautiful $5 ECB...just for you! That's a $5 profit! I have two friends lined up for all these wipes already! lol
- If your store accepts the $2 coupon for the cotton swabs, that would be even more of a moneymaker at $1.50 each - but you'd need to buy something else in each transaction to cover the overage. I'm stocked up on these from last month, so I'll just be going for the wipes...I think. We'll see how it goes. :)
CVS - DBF's card
- Olay face wash $5.99 (finished out Olay deal on this card) - $3 coupon (from Mississippi - thanks!) = $2.99
- Pringles $1 ($1 ECB WYB 2)
- 2 Advil trial size packages $0.99 each - two $1 coupons = FREE
- CVS trial size lotion $0.79 - used $2 CVS skincare coupon = $1.21 overage
- Coupons used: $3 Olay, two $1 Advil, $2 CVS skincare, $1.50 ECB
- Total was $1.36 - paid with gift card and got back $10 ECB for Olay ($10 ECB WYB $20 worth)
Transaction 2 - DBF's card
- Pringles $1 ($1 ECB WYB 2)
- CVS lotion trial size $0.79 - used $2 CVS skincare coupon = $1.21 overage
- Orbit gum (filler because I totally did my math wrong and had to grab something quick at the register)
- Coupons used: $2 CVS skincare coupon
- Total was $0.98 - paid with gift card and got back $1 for Pringles
Transaction 3 - on my card
- Olay face wash $5.99 - $3 Olay coupon (thanks Mississippi!) = $2.99 -- and this is $5.99 towards the $20 total to get back $10 ECB
- CVS trial size hand sanitizer wipes $0.99 - $2 CVS skincare coupon = $1.01 overage
- Coupons used: $3 Olay, $2 CVS skincare, $1.98 ECB (adjusted down from $2)
- Total was: $0.14 - paid with gift card
- 12 cans Friskies wet cat food $4.19 (not sure if this is a really good price, but I was out and this was the lowest price I saw this week)
- 2 24 ct. Excedrin Migraine $1.89 each - $2 coupons = $0.11 overage on each
- 4 Entenmann's goodies $1.99 each - $0.55 coupons that doubled = $0.89 each! (gave 2 boxes to DBF - not in pic)
- Spray n Wash $1.49 - $0.75 coupon that doubled (6/1 SS) = FREE
EDIT - just realized I bought the wrong size Spray n Wash - I'll exchange tomorrow
- Coupons used: 4 $0.55 Entenmann's coupons, two $2 Excedrin coupons, $0.75 Spray n Wash coupon
- Total was $9.32
Imagine my delight when I realized my Excedrin coupons rang up as the full $2 amount and weren't adjusted down to $1.89! The ShopRite down the road from me does this and after contacting the District Manager, I learned that each SR is independently owned and can basically do what it wants. Two guesses which ShopRite is now my favorite...
Monday, July 7, 2008
- 10 Blue Bunny personals ice cream 10 for $10 (must buy 10) - $1 coupons from here = FREE
- 2 Friendship sour cream 2 for $3 - $1 off 2 coupon (5/18 or 6/22 SS) = $2
- 7 LOL spreadable butter 10 for $10 - three $0.55 off 2 coupons (6/1 RP) = $3.70
- Coupons used: $2 off $10 worth of dairy products (from A&P coupon booklet), 7 $1 Blue Bunny coupons (these 7 scanned fine at self checkout, final 3 didn't scan - I asked cashier for help and she said they don't accept Internet printable coupons - oops! There are no signs anywhere, so I'm not sure how I was supposed to know this), three $0.55 LOL coupons (doubled to $1.10 each), $1 Friendship coupon
- Total was $6.70
- 2 Herbal Essences shampoo - on sale for 2 for $5, $3 off 2 coupon (7/5 P&G), $2 SCR WYB 2 = FREE, Bonus - got 2 bottles that qualify for the free mani/pedi offer
- Infusium shampoo $4.99 - $3 coupon (7/5 P&G) - $1.99 SCR = FREE
- Crest toothpaste $2.49 - $1 coupon (7/5 P&G) - $1.74 SCR = $0.25 profit
- Lypsyl $0.99 - $1 SCR = $0.01 profit
- Total was $7.35
- Repeated transaction minus Herbal Essences and Lypsl - will do second set of rebates under DBF's name
- Febreze Noticeables $6.99 - $2 coupon from Home Made Simple. There's also a satisfaction guarantee here.
- Febreze spray $3.99 - $0.50 coupon from HMS
- Febreze Air Effects $2.50 - coupon from 7/5 P&G for free Air Effects WYB spray
- 3 Trial Size Advils $0.99 each - $1 coupon here = FREE
- Trial Size CVS wipes 5 ct. $0.99 - $2 CVS skincare coupon = $1.01 overage!
- 2 Reeses Pieces candies $0.79 each (filler) and air freshner for friend $2.99
- Coupons used: $0.50 Febreze, $2 Febreze noticeables, $3.29 Febreze Air Effects (freebie coupon - cashier took off regular price, not sale price), three $1 Advil coupons, $2 CVS skincare coupon, $1.98 ECB, $2.99 ECB, $2.50 ECB, $3 ECB. There's also another $0.50 coupon on the receipt - not sure what this was!
- Total was $0.64 - paid with gift card and got back $5 ECB for buying $10 worth of Febreze
Sunday, July 6, 2008
- 2 Sure deodorants $2.69 each - used BOGO coupon (6/29 SS)
- 4 J&J Bath Buddies $0.99 each - used two $2 coupons from here = FREE
- Revlon tweezers $2.99 - $1 coupon (4/6, 4/13 or 5/18 SS) - thought there was a deal going on now where you get $5 ECB WYB 2 Revlon tools - NOPE! But I actually needed tweezers, so I kept this pair. I returned the other Revlon tools I'd bought.
- Coupons used: $4 off $20 (4th of July coupon emailed to me)
- Got back $3 ECB for Sure. Total is all screwy because I returned 3 Revlon tools.
Walgreens - Saturday
- 2 Cutter 1 oz. insect spray 2 for $3, had two $1 coupons (6/15 SS) and used $1 coupon from WAG monthly booklet (scans twice b/c had two items) = -$1
- Bottle of Diet Coke for DBF to cover overage
- Total was $0.91 - used WAG gift card
CVS - Sunday
- Transferred RX and got $25 CVS gift card for doing so. There was a coupon about a month or two back and my CVS manager ok'd me to use it and to hold onto the coupon until my RX was due to be refilled. Yay!
- 3 Olay facial washes $5.99 each - 3 $3 coupons (6/22 SS) = $2.99 each and get $10 ECB WYB $20 worth. I'm waiting for some coupons from my fellow hounders on the WIR message boards, then I'll buy more.
- 3 newspapers $2 each
- Gallon of milk $4.39
- Coupons used: $3 off facial skin care (CVS coupon from scanner), $4 off $20 (for updating email address at cvs.com), three $3 Olay coupons, $1.99 ECB, $2.99 ECB, $2.99 ECB, $2.99 ECB
- Total was $1.41 and paid with gift card. Will get back $10 ECB for Olay once I buy one more.