After reading Annie's post, I decided that I'd really like to try my hand at some jewelery making. I've been thinking about this for a while and decided today's the day to start. I also did quite a bit of reading today on The Nienie Dialogues. If you've never ventured over there, please do. Stephanie and her husband Christian were in a very serious plane accident last August and are dealing with the difficult and painful recovery process. Stephanie had burns on over 80% of her body, and you would think she might be bitter or angry. But that's not the case at all. Her amazing spirit and positive outlook on life shine through every one of her posts. I love how she appreciates and is grateful for her family and all the little things in life. Reading her posts is so inspiring. And she's so creative! Even her posts have the look and feel of scrapbook pages. I definitely had her in mind as I poked around Michaels tonight.
If you'd like to read more about Stephanie and Christian, Stephanie's sister Courtney chronicled their recovery process during the time they were both in the hospital (start off in August/Sept 2008 on the Blog Archive).
- Jewelery Starter Kit $14.99
- How to book $19.95
- Tools Starter Kit/Plastic Case for beads $9.99
- All these were from the dollar bins: scrapbook paper $1, ribbon $1, 2 packs stickers $2, cardboard cut-outs $1 and journaling tags $1
- Total was $54.50
- 2 Casio KL-60L Label Makers $19.99 each, will get back $19.99 each as Easy Rebate (Limit 2) = FREE
- Total was $42.78 so I'll end up just paying the tax for these - $2.80