- Merchandise Total (before coupons): $2,465.89
- Value of Coupons & Store Sales: $1,788.78
- Rewards/Gift Cards/EB's Used: $637.17
- Rewards/Gift Cards/EB's Earned: $697.60
- Rebates: $84.06
- Total Cost to me (after rewards earned and rebates): negative $56.54 - that means I didn't really spend any money this month, I earned it!!
- Total Profit: $305.93
- # of Items: 571, # of Free Items: 386
- Received my $15 gift cards for a previous Olay rebate. Got one at my address, one at DBF's address and one at my parent's address. Since these cards are such a pain in the rear to use, I used them to buy $45 worth of gift cards at CVS.
- Increased my 401(k) contributions to 8% of my annual salary. I also now qualify for an employer contribution because I've worked here for over a year. Yay!
- I listed a bunch of items on ebay on 4/21 when they had a $0.15 listing fee special. Thanks Laurie for posting about that!
- I signed up for an auto insurance policy in my own name and paid the six month premium in full (saving myself a little versus monthly payments). My renter's insurance premium was due in May so I decided to switch this policy to the same company as my auto insurance, so I get a discount for that. I also paid this premium in full. I charged both payments to my Discover card so I'll get 2% back as a reward - which I'll eventually cash in for CVS gift cards. I paid my credit card bill in full to avoid paying any interest.
- Set up a savings account to save for my next car. My entire car payment - $265.69 is going to be saved each month.
- I'm also putting aside money each month for my car insurance and renter's insurance premiums. This sounds obvious, but I never really did that before and was always surprised when the bills came in. Duh! Now I'll be ready.
- I had to heavily dip into my savings to pay for some needed car repairs. The total came to over $1,000. I charged the bill to my Discover card and got back 5% as a reward. I paid the balance in full. This plus my insurance bills qualified me for a $40 gift card as a reward. I cashed this in for a CVS gift card and got a $5 bonus.
- ebay - I started to keep a better, more accurate record of what I'm earning. I'm tracking what I originally paid for the item, what it sold for, how much the shipping was and all the fees I paid.
Deposits to Savings
- Rebate checks received - $3.99 Hillshire Farms parents' address, $3.99 Hillshire Farms DBF's address, $8 Orajel and $8 Orajel DBF's address
- Sir Piggy was getting rather heavy, so I cashed him out. $20.65 in loose change went into savings.
Balances as of Today
- Short Term Savings $548.42 - gotta get this back to $1,000
- Emergency Fund $72.25
- Car Fund (savings for new car and auto insurance) - $305.85
- Credit Cards - ZERO!
- Car Loan - PAID OFF!
- Student Loans - $79,127