Before we jump into the Dr. Scholls (get it? "jump" in? hardy har har!), let's see what else I bought today:
- Adorable neck travel pillow $9.99 - will be most helpful on road trips. Do we remember the ill-fated Assateague Island adventure?
- Diet Coke for my sister (not pictured) $1.59
- Used $10 RR, total was $2.39
At another store:
- Roots of Nature $6, used $1 coupon and got back $6 RR = $1 profit
- Maybelline Eye Makeup Remover $4.99
- Ramen noodles $0.29
- Used $10 RR, total was $0.66
The cashier tried to tell me I couldn't use both the $1 coupon and the RR. Every time I go to this store, they've invented a new policy on RR redemption. I stood there with my mouth hanging open for a second and then politely asked why that might be. She said because my total would be too low and the RR would beep. I said that I had figured my total out before tax and it should work. She said, ok we'll try it. Miracle of miracles, it worked! She was surprised and I was surprised (not for the first time) at this particular store's very nice, but so poorly informed cashiers.
I really needed this makeup remover. I've been using some Lumene eye makeup remover for sensitive skin and it burns! I'm talking, can't-open-my-eyes-for-a-minute-or-so-burns. And all I do is put some on a tissue, close my eye and wipe downwards. I'm not standing there rubbing the stuff back and forth. It even hurts if I use a q-tip to remove makeup from under my eyes -- it burns my under-the-eye skin. So much for "sensitive" eye care. I'm sure you all know how this works by now...
- 2 Dr. Scholls inserts $10 each, used two $10 coupons (4/26 SS) and got back $10 RR (WYB 2, deal good until 5/30) = $10 profit
Rinse and repeat 15 more times (at a bunch of stores) = $160 profit total
I gave my sister a $10 RR to use on whatever she wanted (my other sister passed on my offer). She bought some yummy candy (Reeses and Dove) and got back a $1 RR, which she gave back to me to keep.
Just in case its a little hard to see, here are the "varieties" I've bought so far that have produced RR's: Gel Sport, Massaging Gel, Sport, Memory Fit, Tri-Comfort, Soft Expressions and Open Shoes (with bonus pedicure pack).