Wednesday, October 27, 2010

She's Old, but She'll Hold


"Are you callin' me old momma? I don't think I like that."

Nope, not my Gigi, but my computer is definitely showing her age. I got a nasty virus earlier this week and despite my best efforts, getting rid of it was beyond me. I couldn't even get to my start menu! I unplugged the old gal and carted her off to the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Luckily they were able to get rid of the bug and now I don't have to look at this sad, empty desk anymore (eww - look at that dust!). Its amazing how much I rely on this computer. Between emails, blogging, tracking my expenses, photos, music and everything else, my life is on this thing! I bought it refurbished in 2004 and its still plugging along pretty well.
Now on to the fun stuff...shopping! My Mad Coupons order arrived today so tomorrow's mission is to hunt down some Alka Seltzer at RA. Wish me luck!

Walgreens - used up my last five Contac coupons for a $10 profit. Now I have to figure out something to use all these RR's on. I bought each box separately and here's the breakdown:
  • Contac Cold + Flu (28 ct) $6, used $2 coupon (10/10 RP) and got back $6 RR = $2 profit

Rite Aid - for some reason, I only got back 21 $1 UP's, instead of the 26 I was expecting. I'm not sure which of the items I bought didn't give me the UP's though. Anyone have an idea? UPDATE - it was the $0.99 nail polishes that messed me up. Only $1.99 and up items are producing the UP Rewards, so be careful about which ones you pick up. Thanks SaveinLA!

  • 13 NYC Cosmetics (Eye, Face or Lip) $1.99 each, used four $1 off 2 coupons and BOGO coupon (Oct. All You magazine)
  • 13 NYC Nail Polishes $0.99-$1.99, all FREE with BOGO sale running this week
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon, total was $16.34, overall profit $4.66

I was a little nervous buying just the NYC items, knowing my receipt was going to be half a mile long when it printed out. Luckily, I had an awesome cashier that was cheering the register on as it kept printing, and printing, and printing. She actually went through it and counted up all the UP's I got. :)

Just for fun, I think its time for some random kitty shots! I snapped this one of Gigi a while back. She was lying Superwoman-style and I loved the way she stuck out her feet to either side.
Da boyfriend made this kitty toy out of cotton balls stuffed into a sock and then thoroughly sprayed with catnip spray. Its been a huge hit and Mousse sometimes uses it as a pillow.

Yup, he definitely likes it!
I have literally about 30 pictures of Gigi with this cat toy on her head. Usually, you can't put anything on or around her without her flicking it away instantly with her paw. For some reason, she was content to snooze with these feathers on her noggin.
"Where'd that stupid wand thingie go? It was just here..."
"GOTCHA!!"

No comments: