Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jackpot

Its been quite an adventure finding these Olay Pro-X cleansers. All but one of the stores I've gone to only had one bottle on the shelf. I think since the Pro-X items are so expensive, RA either doesn't keep a lot on hand to protect against shoplifters or the items just don't sell well. Many of the stores I've been to this week haven't had any in stock or haven't carried any Pro-X items at all. I hit up two stores at lunch today, one was out of stock (but a gorgeous store! I'll definitely be back to that one) and the other had one lonely bottle on the shelf. Bingo! The only problem was that it was a pain and a half to get to the store. I was using my GPS (best tool ever for finding new stores) and the store was 0.3 miles up ahead. The only problem? The road was closed! I had to go around a couple blocks to get there, swerving all over to avoid the raised manhole covers, all with about 10 minutes remaining on my lunch break. I was in and out of that store so fast!

Rite Aid
  • Olay Pro-X Cleanser $16.19 ($17.99 reg price, I got 10% Wellness discount), used $2 coupon (9/26 P&G) and got back $10 UP Reward = $4.19
    Neilmed Nasogel Moisturizing Spray (1.52 oz) $5.99, used $2 coupon and will get back $5.99 (SCR #19) = $2 profit
  • Neilmed Nasadock Plus Drying Stand $5.99, will get back $5.99 (SCR #14) = FREE
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon and Wellness coupon for $1 off any $10 cold/flu purchase and $10 UP, total was $8.95

Now I'll also submit for this $20 rebate WYB $50 of Olay Pro-X items. I spent $16.76 out of pocket on the Olay items, but since they were all purchased with free after rebate items so I could use $5/$25 coupons, my overall profit was $16.78. What a great deal...if you can find the cleansers that is!

No comments: