Thursday, October 7, 2010

Does Faith Hill Smell Good?

CVS - got my weekly coupon order yesterday so I was able to get most of my CVS shopping done today. New card -
  • Tena Women's Underwear (14-16 ct) $11.99, used $1.50 coupon (8/1 SS), got back $2 EB (Limit 1) and will submit for TMF rebate (10/3 paper) = $3.50 profit
  • Bausch & Lomb Re-nu Sensitive Solution (12 oz) $7.99, used $1 coupon (printable - not sure if there are any prints left) and got back $7.99 EB (Limit 1) = $1 profit
  • Schick Hydro 3 or Hydro 5 Razor $8.97, used $4 coupon (10/3 paper) and got back $5 EB (Limit 1) = $0.03 profit
  • Used $1.99 EB, $4.99 EB, $5 EB and $9.99 EB, total was $1.67, paid with gift card I earned with my credit card points

Then on da boyfriend's card:

  • Bausch & Lomb Re-nu Sensitive Solution (12 oz) $7.99, used $1 coupon (printable - not sure if there are any prints left) and got back $7.99 EB (Limit 1) = $1 profit
  • Faith Hill perfume $17.99, got back $10 EB (WYB $15 worth of select perfumes) = $7.99
  • Used $0.50 EB, $0.99 EB, $4.99 EB and $9.99 EB, total was $10.29, paid with gift card I earned with my credit card points

I managed to recycle all of my soon to be expired EB's on these two cards with these trips. I was hoping they would have had testers for the perfumes in the store, but unfortunately they didn't. DBF and I are planning to poke around the mall this weekend, so I'm going to see if I can find a tester for this perfume before I open the box.

I also got $5 coupons on all my cards for any "Halloween costumes, accessories or decor" good for tomorrow only. Has anyone had any success using this coupon on Halloween candy? Think it would qualify?

Walgreens - my doctor recommended I keep taking Mucinex DM along with the prescriptions she gave me. I was down to my last pill, so I picked some up using my flexible spending card to pay the OOP. Did this transaction twice:

  • 2 Mucinex DM's $9.99 each, got back $5 RR (WYB $19.98+) = $7.49 each

7 comments:

Connie said...

Someone posted over on GC that they WERE able to use the $5 CRT on candy! I didn't dare try, although today I got purple lights, a treat bag and a single chocolate/peanut butter pumpkin and it worked fine!

mb said...

The $5 Halloween CRT gives overage! I bought something for under $2 (a light up pumpkin) and got about $3 overage toward my other items.
-mb

Stephanie said...

I haven't tried the CRT on candy and I wasn't lucky enough to score overage, unless I bought two halloween items for under $5.

I'm not sure how good the Faith perfume is but my sister swears by the Halle Berry perfume : )

Ashley said...

I went to CVS last night and got a $5 one day sale. I has seen it so much online that I went and got stuff and checked out. It's not until I read this that I realized it was a one day sale for October 8th (today), not yesterday. My bad. It didn't beep or anything.

Clever And Crafty said...

I haven't been close enough to her to say whether she does or doesn't smell good. Heehee ;-)

I enjoy reading your blog!!

Unknown said...

I asked the cashier if I could use it on candy and was told yes. I bought a bag of M&Ms priced at $5 (ridiculous price!!) and got them for free (didn't even charge tax). I wish I knew that overage could have gone towards other items because I would have done a completely different transaction. Although I’m not complaining about free M&Ms!!

frugalsuz said...

Thanks for all the tips ladies! I was able to get some overage and use the coupon on candy today. :)