Sunday, October 24, 2010

Goofy Bagels

Walgreens
  • Contac Cold + Flu (28 ct) $6, used $2 coupon (or 10/10 RP) and got back $6 RR = $2 profit

Bought five more at a couple stores - $10 profit in total

I tried my hand at homemade bagels this weekend. Here's the recipe I used if you want to try them too. They weren't so pretty, but they tasted good. Not as yummy as ones you'd get at a bagel shop, but not bad for my first attempt either. I didn't have any instant yeast on hand, so I used bread machine yeast instead. I think that was my first oops. They didn't rise as much as I was hoping, probably because of the yeast.
I also rolled the dough out too far. The recipe said to use both hands to roll them out and when the dough was wider than your hands, then roll it. That left a huge hole in the middle. Some were almost too thin to cut. Oh well, spread some cream cheese on them (free from ShopRite - woo!) and they were good enough for me!

No comments: