Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Movie Day


UPDATE - called my CVS and unfortunately, they do not do price matches. Oh well, thanks Erin for the tip!

CVS
  • Batman Begins $19.99, used $10 coupon from buying $15 iTunes gift card (bought yesterday) = $9.99
  • Powerade (32 oz.) $1.59, got back $1.59 ECB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • 2 Maybelline lip glosses $5.79 each, BOGO sale and used two $4 coupons (12/7 RP) = $2.21 profit

*This was the cheapest Maybelline lip product I could find. If you can find something cheaper, more profit to ya!

Transaction Two - DBF's card

  • 4 cases Pepsi $12
  • Powerade (32 oz.) $1.59, got back $1.59 ECB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • 2 Maybelline lip glosses $5.79 each, BOGO sale and used two $4 coupons (12/7 RP) = $2.21 profit
  • Used $4 off $20 coupon, $3 ECB and $3.49 ECB, total was $1.51
Target - kudos to Jamie for posting this awesome deal :)
  • 4 Air Wick Lumin Air Flameless Candles $4.99 each, used four $5 coupons (12/7 SS) = FREE
  • 5 Rayovac batteries (from Dollar Spot area of store) $1 each, used five $1 coupons = FREE

*Note - these coupons are for 4-packs of AA or AAA batteries (the Dollar Spot batteries are 2-packs). I bought C's because I have a million and a half AA and AAA's already. You might be able to get away with it, but a coupon-unfriendly cashier might veto your coupon if you use it on the 2 packs of AA or AAA's.

  • Chronicles of Narnia $19.99, used $3 Disney coupon and will submit for $3 rebate (the free after rebate Scotch at WAG's should qualify) = $13.99
  • Total was $20.10

I probably could have found Narnia cheaper somewhere else, but I was at Target already and figured I'd grab it while I was there. I'll look through the circulars and see if I can find a better price anywhere else. If not, I'm ok with $13.99 :)

How funny is this? At the bottom of my receipt it says:

"Have you got a senior citizen on your shopping list? Give them something they will use and appreciate - a CVS gift card! We've got the right size for you."

Now why does it specify "senior citizen"? I'd sure be pretty happy receiving a CVS gift card for Christmas! LOL

2 comments:

Laurie said...

LOL, I saw that at the bottom of my CVS receipt too, and thought it was odd they would put that.

Melissa said...

yeah right! I'd be darn tootin happy with a CVS gift card! lol!