Walgreens - thanks emhalf for this great deal!
- 2 Olay Regenerist face washes $9.99 each, BOGO 50% off sale this week so second was $4.99, used two $5 home mailer coupons and will submit for $15 Gift Card rebate = $10 profit
*There are cheaper face washes for $7.99, but from what the signs said in the store, the sale was on products $9.99 and up so I wasn't sure those would work for the sale. You can still make a $5 profit using the $5 off 2 coupon from Sunday's P&G insert if you don't have these home mailer coupons.
I wonder if these would also count towards the P&G Spend $50 deal. The problem would be sending receipts in for both rebates - I wonder if one or the other would take copies?
- Progresso Soup $0.99 with in-circular coupon, used $1.10 coupon = $0.11 profit (give manufacturer's coupon first, then circular coupon)
- 2 Skippy Peanut Butters $1.50 each, used two $0.35 coupons (11/16 RP) = $1.15 per jar
- Diet 7-Up $0.79 (filler)
- Used $2 RR (would have used a larger amount RR, but I wasn't 100% sure about the Olay products, so I played it safe with a lower RR), total was $7.06 - paid with gift card so zero OOP
- Complete Multi Purpose Solution (12 oz) $8.99, used $3 ECB and $5.99 ECB, got back $8.99 ECB (Limit 2) = FREE *Also $2 coupon available (I printed my limit already)
Also picked up these great coupons. My store had them right next to the circulars.
- Candy melts $2.49, used 40% off coupon from circular = $1.49
- Holiday basket $19.99, 60% off sale, paid $7.99 - this is perfect for my Secret Santa gift for my coworker. Details to come soon...
These candy melts are perfect for candy making, especially this time of year. I'm going to be using them to make some goodies this weekend.
I learned this awesome tip from a fellow poster on the WIR Message Boards. I wasn't sure whether my $5 Olay coupons would work because the wording on them said "$5 off Olay Regenerist Moisturizer". Obviously I wanted to use them on the cleansers because those are much cheaper. So what I did was matched the first half of the coupon code with the UPC on the product. Since they matched, I knew the coupon wouldn't beep. :)
A persnickity cashier might give you trouble, but my cashier today was an awesome, really friendly young guy who does whatever as long as the register takes it. Looking at the Olay website again today, the site says the coupon is good for any Olay Regenerist Product, so I'm not sure why the coupon is worded that way. But this is a great tip to remember if you're ever unsure whether a coupon is good for a particular product.