Thursday, July 1, 2010

June Savings

Monthly Totals - this was one of my best months ever! I also hit 300,000 hits on the blog which is so cool. Thank you all for checking in!

  • Merchandise Total (before coupons): $2,826.05
  • Value of Coupons & Store Sales: $1,632.25
  • Rewards/Gift Cards/EB's Used: $947.56
  • Rewards/Gift Cards/EB's Earned: $1,023.52
  • Rebates: $562.89
  • Total Cost to me for the month: negative $187.90
  • # of Items: 586, # of Free Items: 503
Rebates Received *TIP - the NBPR rebates all seem to come back from the same rebate processing center so its hard to tell what's what. The rebate checks list the rebate program number - ie. HUSA8185 so make sure to keep track of the rebate number from the forms and match them up to your checks.
  • $3 Finesse TMF - my address
  • $3.04 Red Baron Pizza By the Slice - parents' address
  • $3.33 Red Baron Pizza By the Slice - DBF's address
  • $5 SC Johnson rebate x 2 - submitted this AGES ago and only got one check (rebate is limit 3). I called and they said the checks were returned so they reissued them. Very nice!
  • $5 Sorrento Snack Cheese x 3 (rebate is limit 5 per household) - my address
  • $5 Seventh Generation - my address, parents' address & DBF's address
  • $5 Columbia Crest NBPR - my address
  • $5 Dos Equis/Heineken NBPR - my address & DBF's address
  • $5 Dos Equis WYB 3 Tortilla Chips - DBF's address
  • $6 Natural Light - DBF's address
  • $10 Kraft Rebate - my address & DBF's address
  • $10 Dos Equis WYB $20 of meat/seafood NBPR - my address & DBF's address
  • $10 Dos Equis WYB $20 of produce NBPR - my address & DBF's address
  • $12 Glamour Magazine/P&G rebate - my address
  • $25 and $5 RA Gift cards - skincare rebates - my address & DBF's address

NBPR/NWPR Rebates Purchased - thought it might be interesting to list all the rebates I've bought from ebay this month. I figure the cost of these forms and the coupons I order each week into my monthly totals. In case you're unfamiliar with NPBR rebates, it stands for No Beer Purchase Required. Many companies will put out rebates like, buy $3 of produce and a case of our beer and get back $3. In some states, you aren't required to buy the alcohol, so the rebate just becomes $3 off $3 of produce - love it! They're worth checking into.

  • 4 Smirnoff $2 off gas Exp. 6/30 $0.93 - had the fourth check sent to my sister in VA. I'm so generous huh? I told her it was her early Christmas present.
  • 5 Blackstone $2 off $5 of groceries (limit 1 per address, sent extra two to a coupon buddy) Exp. 6/30 $3.10
  • 6 Absolut $3 off produce (limit 3 per household) Exp. 6/30 $5.75
  • 3 Babybel Cheese TMF Exp. 6/20 $1.49
  • 3 Budweiser $8 off $10 on beach items including sunglasses Exp. 8/31 $6.70 - used these towards the sunglasses I bought at RiteAid (made a profit buying them, so this is icing on the cake!)
  • 3 Smirnoff $20 off $20.01 of groceries Exp. 6/30 $20 - was a bit too eager when these first came out. If I'd waited, I could have bought them for much less.
  • 3 Smirnoff $20 off $20.01 of groceries Exp. 8/31 $5.99
  • 3 Smirnoff $5 off $5.01 of groceries Exp. 6/30 $6.74
  • 3 Snapple 6 packs TMF Exp. 7/7 $3.68
  • 3 Kellogg's/Keebler/Sunshine/Eggo $10 WYB 10 items Exp. 7/31 $9.99
  • 3 Newcastle $10 off $15 of salty snacks Exp. 8/31 $3.98
  • 3 Heineken $5 off $15 of produce Exp. 9/30*
  • 3 Heineken $5 off any 4 pack energy drink Exp. 9/30*
  • 3 Heineken $10 off $20 or $20 off $30 of premium meat and/or seasonings Exp. 9/30* These three together: $4.03 (sold as a bundle)

Total spent on rebate forms & shipping: $72.38
Total I'll receive back from these rebates: $280 (approximate) - definitely worth it!

10 comments:

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Wow! That's amazing!! This month I spent more than usual, but got some really great deals! I hope the trend continues! I would love see what your stockpile looks like!!

Unknown said...

I love buying the NBPR rebates on Ebay. I have saved so much money doing this!

Stephanie said...

You've got me floating on a cloud! What a great month : )

frugalsuz said...

Jamie,
This month turned out some fabulous deals and I had so much fun. I am glad next week is looking quieter because I really need the break. Hmm, maybe it is time for some new stockpile pics...

Erica,
Oh I know! I wish I'd discovered them sooner.

Stephanie,
Thanks so much! :)

Kathy said...

Do you keep a separate checking account for all the "hounding?" I have a problem with the money all getting mixed together.

frugalsuz said...

Kathy,
Nope, I try to keep my finances as simple as possible. I usually charge most things I buy, so its all on my cc statements, and I get the points for all the purchases! Bonus!

kadywood said...

Your deals are awesome! Where can I find out more about NBPR rebates? Are they only available on ebay?

frugalsuz said...

kadywood,
You can find NBPR rebate forms in stores, they are usually tearpad rebates. But since the alcohol isn't required in NJ and other states, I've never seen one in my stores so I buy them on ebay from folks who are able to find them. I imagine you can trade for them as well, but ebay is the easiest route for me. Hope you're able to find some!

Rachel said...

I am missing something with the numbers here, must be a blonde moment!

$2,826.05
minus $1,632.25
minus $75.96 (excess of rewards earned versus spent)
minus $562.89

I end up with a cost of $554.95 net out of pocket. What am I missing? Is it the rebates that you're planning on sending in too?

frugalsuz said...

Rachel,
To calculate the cost of each transaction, my spreadsheet takes:
Rewards/gift cards used + cash spent - Rewards earned - rebates.

Then it totals up the cost of each transaction during the month to get an overall cost of everything I've bought for the month. I don't think you can calculate the total the way you're calculating it. Does that make sense?