Secondly and almost as important, I have discovered that the addition of blueberries to Breyers Yo Crunch yogurt equals deliciousness.
Thirdly, I have also discovered that I'm not so wild about Weis supermarkets. More to come...
Would you look at this peach?!? I was only planning on buying plums at ShopRite, but when I saw these bad boys, I knew I couldn't leave without them.
ShopRite - my coupons arrived in the mail yesterday, so I put the Sun Crystals coupon to good use. The stores I checked out either had no Sun Crystals at all, or tons. Hopefully I'll be able to use up my remaining coupons tomorrow.
- 3 Sun Crystals (50 count) $1.99 (in the circular as $3), used three $2 coupons (7/25 RP, go through with no beeps) and got back $5 catalina (WYB 3) and catalina for FREE reusable bag = $5 profit *Will also use these towards a $20 Smirnoff NBPR rebate on $20.01 of groceries
On a couple of transactions, I bought a pack of Orbit gum ($1) to cover the overage from the $2 coupons. Two other times, I bought a SR one subject notebook for $0.15. I also redeemed two coupons for FREE reusable bags.
- Plums $0.99/lb - $1.59
- Peaches $0.99/lb - $2.85
- Lettuce $2
- Used $5 catalina, total was $1.44 - will use these towards a Heineken $5 NBPR rebate on $15 of produce
Weis - I was on the hunt for Pepperidge Farm Stone Baked Artisan Ciabatta Rolls. I bid two Try Me Free rebates for them on ebay on a whim. The auction was only $0.99, and to my surprise, I won! I used an ebay certificate to pay, so didn't spend any cash. But I haven't been able to find them in my supermarkets and the rebate expires 8/1. Can someone please tell me what I was thinking when I bid on them? All I can say is, it was Monday morning, I was tired and cranky. Anyway, Weis doesn't carry them (neither does ShopRite as far as I can tell), but I was able to find the Diamond flatware that one of my friends and a houndfriend emailed me about:
- Diamond Brilliance Premium Strength Plastic Flatware $4.49, will submit for Try Me Free rebate (form on back of box) = FREE
- Total was $4.81 with tax
Here's where it gets interesting. I asked the cashier to ring each box up individually. The first one was fine, but on box #2, the register gave some kind of error message when I used the same credit card to pay. Some stores flag suspicious credit card activity, so I guess I went on the radar when I tried to use the same card on back to back transactions of the same amount of money. The cashier got a manager's key and overrode the error and my receipt printed out. She then says something about how the receipt has a message on it that says "LA" which means the store won't be reimbursed for the money I spent. Huh? She pages a manager and while we're waiting, she rings up box #3 and I paid with a different credit card (I don't carry much cash on me). Long story short, the manager tells me that the register declined my second transaction and the cashier was wrong to override it. Basically, I never paid for box #2. I was worried (and still am) that the transaction went through on my credit card, but the manager assured me it didn't and gave me a copy of the receipt and a note about what happened that I can bring back to the store in case of problems. The whole thing was very odd and a huge waste of my time. I wasn't thrilled with the customer service at all, and don't think I'll be heading back there any time soon.
- Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste (4 oz) $3, used $1 coupon (7/11 SS) and got back $3 UP Reward = $1 profit
- Reach Toothbrush $3.99, used $1 coupon (this coupon beeps), got back $1 UP Reward and will get back $2.99 (SCR #80) = $1 profit *These two items will count towards the Oral Care Rebate (#556)
- Snack Pack Pudding $1.69 - will count towards Kid's Lunches rebate (SCR #8 - spend $25 on various snacks and quick lunches and get back $5)
- Used $5 UP Reward, total was $2.17
- 2 Special K bars $2.50 each, got back $2 RR = $1.50 each - these are really good
- Kraft Homemade Mac & Cheese $3.19, used FREE coupon (Kraft home mailer) = FREE
- Gillette ProGlide Razor $9.89, used $4 coupon (7/4 P&G) and got back $5 RR = $0.89
- Used two $5 RR's, total was $1.58
Bought another razor and another 2 Special K bars