Friday, July 23, 2010

Finishing up my Shopping for the Week

CVS - my card. If you have EB's that are expiring soon, you may want to use them up this week. The deals are not looking so hot next week and the week after.
  • 2 Bausch & Lomb Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solutions (2 oz) $2.99 each, used two $2 coupon and got back $5.98 EB (Limit 2, monthly deal) = $4 profit
  • Celsius Green Tea (4 pk.) $7.99, used $2 coupon and got back $7.99 EB (Limit 1) = $2 profit
  • 2 CVS Pantiliners (22 count) $0.50 each, got back $1 EB (WYB 2, Limit 3 - but only buy two at a time, buying more may mean you don't get the right amount of EB's, monthly deal) = FREE
  • M&M's $0.50 - please ask me why I only bought one bag. Ready for the answer? BRAIN FART! Bought a second one later in the day, got back $1 EB which made them FREE
  • Gillette ProGlide Razor $9.97, used $4 coupon (6/6 P&G) and got back $5 EB (Limit 1) = $0.97
  • Wheat Thins $0.99
  • Used $4.95 EB and $10 EB, total was $2.63

DBF's card

  • 2 Bausch & Lomb Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solutions (2 oz) $2.99 each, used $4 coupon (found at Walmart) and got back $5.98 EB (Limit 2, monthly deal) = $4 profit
  • Celsius Green Tea (4 pk.) $7.99, used $2 coupon and got back $7.99 EB (Limit 1) = $2 profit
  • 2 M&M's Pretzel Candies (1.14 oz) $0.50 each, used BOGO coupon (6/27 RP) and got back $1 EB (Limit 1) = $0.50 profit
  • Gillette ProGlide Razor $9.97, used $4 coupon (6/6 P&G) and got back $5 EB (Limit 1) = $0.97
  • Used $0.99 EB and $7.99 EB, total was $6.58

Walgreens - did this deal twice

  • 2 Dr. Scholls Hidden Arch Support insoles $7.49 each, used two $2 coupons along with the $5 WAG coupon (monthly coupon book) and got back $5 RR = $5.02 profit
  • Total was $0.98 - paid with gift card

Then at another store, I found them at $6.99 each. Even though I was out of $2 coupons, it was still a great deal at this price

  • 2 Dr. Scholls Hidden Arch Support insoles $6.99 each, used $5 WAG coupon (monthly coupon book) and got back $5 RR = $1.02 profit
  • Hamburger Rolls $0.99
  • Knee Highs clearanced to $0.20
  • Used $5 RR, total was $0.17

Also picked up some more Secret deodorant at Acme. They are $3.29 each, I bought three at a time and used three $0.75 coupons (7/4 P&G) and got back $5 cat (good until 7/31, WYB 3) = $0.90 after tax. I also used a $5 cat to pay, without needing a filler. I'm going to use these towards the $10 Olay/Pantene/Secret rebate.

Rite Aid - DBF's account

  • Colonaide All Natural Internal Cleansing Kit $22.99, will get back $22.99 (SCR #17) = FREE
  • Pantene clearanced to $2.49 - will use towards $10 Olay/Pantene/Secret rebate
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon and $7 UP Reward, total was $13.48
ShopRite - my fridge and pantry were really empty. Sometimes, I do so much shopping at the drugstores that I don't have the energy to hit the supermarket too! Its also nice to eat up a lot of what I have to make room for new goodies. I have some $20 off $20.01 of groceries Smirnoff NBPR rebates to submit, so I'll use these purchases towards those.
  • 5 Philadelphia Cream Cheeses $1.77 each, used four $1 coupons (see instructions below) and got back $5 cat (for purchasing 5 qualifying items - details here) = $1.92 profit *This promo is good until 8/15 and includes lots of items. I'm sure other deals will come out with it as well. Since its a national program offered by Kraft, it will likely pop up at tons of different supermarkets.
  • 20 Breyers Yo-Crunch yogurts 20 for $10, used four $0.50 off four coupons (5/23 SS) = $6 or $0.30 each
  • Bread Flour $2.99
  • Yeast $7.99
  • Strawberry Jelly $3.59 - crazy expensive but I've been craving jelly lately
  • 3 Crystal Lites $3.99 each, used three $2 coupons (home mailer) = $1.99 each
  • Used $10 catalina, total was $20.89

Separately, I bought blueberries, carrots, lettuce and grapes for a total of $7.21. I'll use these towards a $5 Heineken NBPR rebate for $15 of produce.

*How to navigate the complicated Philly site for the coupon: click Sign In, then create an account. They'll email you, click on the link to activate your account and create your display name. Once logged in, click on Home and the coupon is on the right-hand side of the page about half-way down.

4 comments:

melissa said...

love your website glad i found it

melissa said...

i just wanted you to know i have been following your website for a couple of months and you have really helped me and my mom at riteaid this week i bought 432 items i paid $39.35 for everything and the total before coupons would have been $829.73 i just wanted to thank you im raising 3 teanagers by myself right now and been temp. disabled for little over 3 months this really helped my family i'm very grateful and i was able to get lots of household items with the overage i have gift cards comeing and other rebates thank you

Sam said...

Hey Suz, I have a question about the iTunes cards. When you get them, do you sell them, or do you use them? I see that the week of 8/1 you can get a $10 EB when you buy one, but I would never actually use the card. If its easy to re-sell them, that would be good. Thanks!

frugalsuz said...

melissa,
That's fantastic, I'm glad you've been able to save so much money. Every little bit helps.

Sarah,
I've done both, used them myself and sold them on ebay. They usually go for about $5 under the value of the card.