Friday, July 30, 2010

I Hate Messy Pics

The cheese is grating on my nerves. I'm sure my fellow bloggers will concur, there really is no way to get bags of cheese to line up pretty. Sigh. Plus I was hot and rushing to get everything into the fridge. When I came home today, there was a truck parked right in front of my garage (with a completely empty parking lot not twenty feet away). I opened the garage door and honked. One of the apartment's maintenance guys stumbled out the front door, looked at me and shrugged. He then got in the truck and pulled it five feet up, so it was blocking my neighbor's garage door. Nice. It seems like folks are forever blocking my garage and it drives me bonkers. If I'm home and someone blocks me in, I immediately start to feel claustrophobic.

On a happier note, I had a wonderful visit with my friend today and met her four month old son for the first time. Oh, is he adorable! The little fingers and toes, I just can't get over them. As we noshed, he watched us with beautiful big eyes and then slowly drifted off for a cat nap. I had a great time catching up with her. It was a beautiful day out too, so I didn't mind running around to get my shopping done.Acme - did the Glide deal three times. Be sure to get the basic Glide flosses pictured in the circular, any other varieties won't give you the cat (learned that the hard way). The circular pictures a basic white box, with some blue or green writing on it. Both the blue and green ones that look like the one in the circular worked just fine for me.
  • 7 Crest Glide Flosses $2.50 each (shelf price $4.89), used seven $0.75 coupons (6/6 P&G or 6/27 RP - expire 7/31) and got back catalina for $10 off any gift card = $2.14 profit
  • Viva paper towels $1.75, used $0.85 coupon (6/20 SS, expires 8/1) = $0.05
Used my catalinas to get two $15 McDonalds gift cards and one $10 Acme gift card. Only one store had the Acme gift cards otherwise I would have just bought those each time.

ShopRite - did a couple of the same transactions as yesterday: 3 Sun Crystals, one reusable bag and one subject notebook and paid $0.20. In addition to that, I bought:
  • 3 Sun Crystals (50 count) $1.99, used three $2 coupons (7/25 RP) and got back $5 catalina (WYB 3) and catalina for FREE reusable bag = $5 profit
  • 5 Kraft shredded cheeses $1.79 each, used five $1 peelie coupons and got back $5 catalina (WYB 5) = $1.05 profit
  • Kraft 100 calorie cheeses $2.99, used FREE coupon (Kraft home mailer) = FREE
  • Domino Brown Sugar $1.39
  • Used $5 cat, total was $0.26

Another store

  • 3 Sun Crystals (50 count) $1.99, used three $2 coupons (7/25 RP) and got back $5 catalina (WYB 3) and catalina for FREE reusable bag = $5 profit
  • 5 Kraft shredded cheeses $1.79 each, used two $1 peelie coupons and got back $5 catalina (WYB 5) = $1.95
  • 2 SR tortillas $1.99 each
  • Used two $5 cats, total was $0.85

Another store

  • 3 Sun Crystals (50 count) $1.99, used three $2 coupons (7/25 RP) and got back $5 catalina (WYB 3) and catalina for FREE reusable bag = $5 profit
  • One subject notebook $0.65
  • M&M's $1.33
  • Scanned a cat for a free reusable bag without thinking and it went through. This was at self checkout and the cashier was super nasty, so I didn't really question why my total was negative. I picked up the M&M's and only realized after I'd left what I'd done. Isn't it strange that it would have scanned? Total was $1.05
Finally
  • 3 Sun Crystals (50 count) $1.99, used three $2 coupons (7/25 RP) and got back $5 catalina (WYB 3) and catalina for FREE reusable bag = $5 profit
  • Reusable bag $0.99, used FREE coupon = FREE
  • SR Butter $1.63
  • Used $5 cat, total was $0.71

I now have $50 in SR catalinas left to spend on whateva' I want. :)

7 comments:

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

I total feel your pain about the cheese! I usually try to prop it up against the couch, but it never looks pretty that's for sure!

Unknown said...

Thanks for a wonderful blog that helps me stretch my dollars!
Happy Anniversary Weekend!

Lisa B. said...

The blocked garage door would do more than drive me bonkers! ;)

I agree with the un-photographic bags of cheese! But your shopping trips are awesome. Wish we had such a variety of stores around here.

The Coupon Goddess said...

Yup, cheese bags never behave properly. Nice haul though!

The Coupon Goddess said...

Suzanne-

I need to talk to you, but can't find your contact me button. Can you email me at thecoupongoddessblog@yahoo.com

thanks!

American Dreamer said...

I love your picture.....cheese and all. Great shopping! Can I ask a question? How are those Sun Crystals and how do you use them? I see coupons all the time for them.

frugalsuz said...

Jamie,
I know, no matter what you try, it always seems to slide right back down. Oh well!

Pam,
Thanks for the well wishes and I'm glad my blog has been helpful for you. :)

Lisa B,
I hate it, but usually the person blocking me is just there for a minute or two and move before I need to leave. But still, so irritating.

Thanks Mel!

Precious,
I'm actually not planning on using the Sun Crystals, I'm going to donate them to the food pantry. But I think they're like Splenda, right?