Sunday, July 18, 2010

Clean House

My garage stockpile room was overdue for some TLC. After the mouse incident, I wanted to take everything out, clean it and reorganize everything. So that's just what we did!

Once everything was out of the room, I used my favorite applicance - R2D2 (aka my shop vac) to clean up all the cobwebs, dirt and random junk on the floor and corners of the room. I didn't want to sweep it all out since that would just move the dirt onto my stockpile stuff, defeating the purpose of a deep clean. Then I scrubbed down my two large white shelves (the hardest hit with mouse "debris") and DBF reorganized the room as I cleaned each piece of furniture off.
All the stuff was organized into a couple main categories, a la Clean House: Keep, Donate and Sell. The above picture is all stuff that I decided to donate to my local food pantry. The pic below is stuff I had already set aside to donate, but hadn't had a chance to drop off yet.
When we finished cleaning and organizing, we loaded up the trunk of my car and dropped all this stuff off. It took two trips to get it all, one Saturday and one today. I gave some stuff to my mom as well. Her office is doing some donations too.
These bags are full of items I'm hoping to sell on ebay - some body wash, lotions, etc. I'll see if its worthwhile to sell them and if not, they'll get donated too.
Time for the "after" shots! DBF's mom bought me the "beware" bag because she said it reminded her of Mousse. I keep reusable shopping bags in there. I've also got some plastic bags tacked to the wall. Its so handy to keep bags down here for when I'm bringing a bunch of stuff upstairs or to donate. I found the wooden chest of drawers by the dumpster one day, so that was free. Underneath the table is laundry detergent and Glade/Febreze sprays that I use all the time.
The first drawer houses razors, vitamins and small bottles of lotions. Pantiliners and tamps live in drawer two, followed by random household stuff in drawer #3.

The top shelf is all stuff for DBF - razors (in the fabric bins), shaving cream, deodorant and body wash. The rest are all me - body wash, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and brushes.
Ignore the frosty on the top shelf please, it was really hot today and a frosty was in order.
Now everything is organized and clean and I love it!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing pics of your stockpile! I will be posting some pics of mine later today. You sure do have A LOT of John Frieda! I love that stuff!

Thrifty T said...

Congratulations; it looks great!!! It always makes me feel so much better after I clean out and reorganize. Plus, it feels awesome to give to others.

annathy03 said...

Wowsers! You're making my cabinet look like a discombobulated mess here Suz- though to be fair, it was already doing a great job of that itself... Great job getting all that done, especially in the summer heat!

Sam said...

Great job! I have been needing to clean out my stuff for awhile - you made it look so easy & pretty that I might just have to get to work :)

That Girl's Deals said...

Love it, awesome stockpile! Great job!

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Yay! Looks fabulous! Totally jealous, because my stockpile is all over the floor of our spare bedroom. I so need to get my behind in gear and organize. Thanks for sharing!!

Amanda Grant said...

All this organization is making my heart go pitter-pat! Love it!

spaghetti0625 said...

I'm so jealous you have a garage! This is another reason I tell DH we need a house. One HUGE pantry closet it NOT enough for my stockpile! :) LOL. Great job! I need to clean out my pantry and donate some stuff as well.

Shelly said...

Great job with the stockpile! I've been organizing mine. I'll have to post pictures soon.

American Dreamer said...

Thanks for sharing, You are SO NEAT!

Unknown said...

The pics are great. I love seeing stockpile photos.

Spaghetti, beautiful wedding pic.