Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What's That I Smell?

Could it be the first of this year's fabulous deals on Glade products? Sniff...sniff. It might just be! If you've been hanging around here long enough, you might remember some of the fabulous Glade deals from last year. Ok ok, technically they weren't from last year, but close enough. I even persevered through a car accident to score some. Its true! Here's the evidence. And here.

Walgreens
  • Electrosol $3.49, used $2.50 coupon (1/3 SS) and got back $1 RR = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • 2 Glade Fragrance Collection Candles (2 oz) $2.50 each, used $3 off 2 coupon (11/22 SS) and got back $3 RR (WYB 2, monthly deal I think) = $1 profit *Also counts for $5 SC Johnson rebate (WYB 3, Limit 3 offers per household)
  • Total was $3.59

Bought 2 Glade candles by themselves five more times, so $10 profit total. I'll also combine these with the Glade sprays I bought at CVS earlier in the week to send away for the $5 SC Johnson rebate at my address and DBF's address, so another $10 in my pocket. I have two more coupons to use for the candles, and I'll use those to submit for the rebate at my parent's address - another $15. Don't you just love rebates? :)

CVS - will send away for this rebate at my parent's address
  • 2 Bioluxe sham/conds $9.99 each, BOGO sale, will send away for TMF (tag is on the bottle, valid until 5/31/10 and will come back as a Visa prepaid gift card) = two for FREE
  • 5 CVS scrubber sponges $2.49 each, had planned on using a $2 off $10 CVS purchase coupon but it wouldn't scan along with the $5 coupon I used. Bummer. With the BOGO 50% off sale and the $5 coupon, I paid $4.96 for all five, or $0.99 each
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon (exp. 1/9) and $12 EB, total was $3.99
Rite Aid
  • Listerine Original, Fresh Burst, Vanilla Mint or Cool Mint (500 mL) $3.50, used $1 coupon (12/6 RP) and will get back $3 SCR (#6) = $0.50 profit
  • 6 packages Stayfree pads (16 - 24 ct) $3.99 each, BOGO sale and used three BOGO coupons (1/3 RP) = FREE
  • Lypsyl lip moisturizer $2.99, used $1 coupon (10/25 SS) and will submit for $2 rebate (10/25 SS - also valid for Finesse, but those were more expensive at RA) = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • Domino sugar $1.99
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon, total was $1.48

A&P

  • 4 Suave deodorants $1.39 each, used four $0.75 coupons (10/25 RP) = $0.86 profit on each or $3.44 profit overall
  • 2 Suave men's deodorants $1.39 each, used $0.75 coupon (10/25 RP) = $0.53 - would have used 2 coupons but my total was too low and it would have made me negative. At this store, there's nothing quick to grab near self checkout and there was a line, so I skipped the last coupon
  • Nature Valley Dark Chocolate w/nuts granola bars $3.39, will send away for TMF rebate (Exp. 1/15) = FREE
  • Perdue Chicken $2.93
  • Total was $2.00

3 comments:

Queen said...

i see a trip to walgreens in my very, very near future.....thanks!

frugalsuz said...

Queen,
Go for the purple candles, they smell great!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Glade candles! Now I only need to FIND some! Went to the Walgreen's closest to work on break - they don't carry ANY Glade products - how strange!

I love the Acai ones. Mmmm....