Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pepsi, Pepsi and More Pepsi

CVS
  • 3 Pepsi 12-packs $10 and 8 Pepsi 2-liter bottles four for $5 or $1.25 each, used two $1 off 5 bottles coupons (Easy Solutions booklet found at A&P or Pathmark) = $20 and got back $10 EB (WYB $20 worth of PepsiCo Products - page 2 of circular) = $10 total
  • Newspaper $2 - I thought there was a RP in this week's paper so I only bought one copy, figuring I'd buy the rest of my inserts online. Duh! I don't feel like going back out, so I may just get them online anyway.
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon, $1 EB, $2 EB, $6 EB and $6 EB, total was $1.08

There's some debate about whether the Pepsi deals at CVS this week are two separate deals. On the front page of the circular, there's a "buy 6 cases of Pepsi for $20, get back $10 EB Limit 2" deal (event code 10412508) and on page 2, there's a "buy $20 worth of PepsiCo products on this page, get back $10 EB Limit 2" deal (event code 10430691). What do you think? Has you tried both?

Walgreens

  • 5 Pepsi 12 packs $3 each - was expecting these to be more expensive. This was the price on a circular on iheartwags for a while, then that circular was replaced with another that listed these as three for $12. What do your circulars say?
  • 5 Pepsi 2-liters $1.25 each, used $1 off 5 bottles coupon (Easy Solutions booklet found at A&P or Pathmark) - I realized later that I'd bought a fifth bottle so I could use the coupon, even though I was at $20 without it. That was silly since I paid $0.25 after the coupon for it. That's what happens when I think up scenarios on the fly.
  • Got back $10 RR for spending $20 on qualifying PepsiCo products
  • Used $3 RR, $5 RR and $5 RR, total was $3.74

Now that I've spent $30 in Pepsi items, I'm going to send away for the $10 Coors rebate. There are four different rebates available on that link, so depending on where you live, the deal might be different for you.

I also did some CVS shopping on Saturday and didn't get a chance to post until now. I stole this scenario from Queen, but now I'm rethinking sending in for it based on her recent post about the J&J rebate. I might just return the stuff.

CVS

  • 3 Aveeno lotions $3.49 each, used three $2 coupons (1/10 SS) = $1.49 each
  • Lubriderm lotion $5.49, used $2 coupon (1/10 SS) = $3.49
  • 2 Clean and Clear face wipes $5.99 each, BOGO 50% off sale, used two $2 coupons (1/10 SS) = $4.98
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon, $1 EB, total was $2.80, got back $1 EB for green bag tag

Second trip - saw a tag on the Nature's Bounty today that says they're BOGO until sometime in February! The EB deal is a bonus pack deal, so that's good for a while too. So no worries if you haven't done this yet, you still have plenty of time.

  • 2 Nature's Bounty Fish Oil Vitamins (all this store had) $10.49 each, BOGO sale and used two $5 coupons and got back $3 EB (WYB 2, Limit 6) = $2.51 profit
  • Soy Joy $6, got back $6 EB (Monthly deal, limit 6) = FREE
  • Aveeno lotion $3.49, used $2 coupon (1/10 SS) = $1.49
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon, total was $3.16

Third trip

  • 2 Nature's Bounty Vitamin-D $8.49 each, BOGO sale and used two $5 coupons and got back $3 EB (WYB 2, Limit 6) = $4.51 profit
  • Soy Joy $6, got back $6 EB (Monthly deal, limit 6) = FREE
  • Aveeno lotion $3.49, used $2 coupon (1/10 SS) = $1.49
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon, total was $1.16

I've now bought $30 worth of items for the $10 J&J rebate (or 1/10 SS), but I'm not sure what I'll do about that.

Final trip

  • 2 Nature's Bounty Your Life Multi-vitamins (90 ct) $9.99 each, BOGO sale and used two $5 coupons and got back $3 EB (WYB 2, Limit 6) = $3.01 profit
  • Soy Joy $6, got back $6 EB (Monthly deal, limit 6) = FREE
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon, total was $0.99
Walgreens
  • Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter $14.99, use freebie coupon (10/25 RP) and get back $5 RR = $5 profit

At another store I bought two together:

  • Bayer Breeze 2 Blood Glucose Meter $14.99, used freebie coupon (10/25 RP) and got back $5 RR = $5 profit
  • Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Meter $14.99, use freebie coupon (10/25 RP) and get back $5 RR = $5 profit
  • Got back $3 RR for buying two Bayer items together, $13 overall profit
One of DBF's Christmas presents was a mandolin slicer and he made some deeee-licious homemade potato chips today.


We sprinkled some parmesan cheese on these ones. Heaven on a plate I tell you!

13 comments:

Amiyrah said...

just a heads up for your readers: my store told me that the schweppes ginger ale is a pepsi product and part of the deal at CVS. It isn't part of the deal.

Kathy said...

my circular says Pepsi 5/$15. We are coke drinkers but I told my husband "you're drinking Pepsi for a while!"

Janelle said...

ours is 5/$15 in Omaha. I noticed this one other time that region had a better deal on soda. nice to have a better deal in the midwest for once!

The Virnig Family said...

What did your husband boil the potatoes in?

News Around The Blogs said...

My CVS ad has them listed as 2 of the same event numbers (10412508) for the pepsi, BUT at the bottom of my receipt is says I still have $20 until I reach the limit so it must be 2 instead of 1 on the limit.
In my Walgreens circular it says 12 pack of Pepsi is 5 for $15 and the 2 liters are 4 for $5

Mrs G said...

I did both CVS pepsi deals in 1 transaction. I bought twelve pepsi/mt dew 12 packs in 1 transaction and got back a solid $20 ECB. It's spend $20 on pepsico products(which could be 2 Liters, chips,cans, gatorade etc) get $10 ECBs back-you can do deal twice per card. You could combine if you wnat.

frugalsuz said...

Amiyrah,
Thanks

Kathleen,
lol, the sacrifices we make for a good deal...

Janelle,
I'm glad you have the good price too!

Mary and Brendan,
We're not married (DBF = dear boyfriend). :) He used vegetable oil.

News,
My circular says its limit 2, not 1. So confusing!
Mrs G,
That's what I thought too, but the circular is confusing. Thanks for clarifying!

Angie.... said...

i got smart source and p&g in my papers- i thought it was suppose to be ss and rp!

Amiyrah said...

Suz,

Any confirmation on having the Stacy's chips being accepted in the rebate? I know you keep up with the wags/cvs threads on HCW and I wondered if they said anything.

frugalsuz said...

Amiyrah,
I have no idea. Why don't you call Coors and find out?

Pubbler said...

Amiyrah - Schweppes is a Coca Cola Product. We don't have any Schweppes products in MI (wish we did), but I used to drink it in SA. If you check the manufacturer details on the product, it will show as The Coca Cola company. HTH

Lisa B. said...

My ad here in Missouri has two different codes. Pepsi 12pks 6/$20 get $10 ecb #10412508 limit 2 AND
Buy $20 worth of PepsiCo products (2 litres, 12pks, gatorade, sobe, tostitos, etc) get $10 ecb #10430691 limit 2.

So I'm thinking if purchased in separate transactions I will be able to do both deals twice for a total of $40 ecb. I'll use the $5/$20 coupon 4 different times also.

Is this what you are going to do? I think if the second deal has some chips included it will cause the register to ring up under the second code... no?

I also don't think the Stacy pita chips will qualify since the rebate specifically states Tostitos. Just my 2 cents worth.

frugalsuz said...

Lisa,
Honestly, I think I'm done with buying soda. I have 8 cases and they all expire in February and March, so I don't really want to buy any more at this point. If you're able to do both deals, please let me know.