Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crank it Up!

Today, I was in the mood to blast some music and sing along at the top of my lungs. First, I was groovin' with the Eagles and then I switched over to some Gretchen Wilson. Is it weird that she reminds me a little of Pioneer Woman?
Walgreens
  • 2 Cheez-Its, Club Crackers and Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies - four for $10 (although the cookies rang up $2.49 instead of $2.50), got back $3 RR = four for $6.99 or $1.74 each
  • 2 Motts apple juices $2 each
  • Used $2 RR and $10 RR, total was $1.99

At another store:

  • Two Cheez-Its and two Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies - four for $10 (cookies rang up $2.49 each), got back $3 RR = four for $6.98 or $1.74 each
  • Used $9 RR, total was $0.99

I totally missed this deal this week, which is one of the many, many reasons I love other people's blogs. There's just something about seeing a picture of what someone else bought - love it! Erica (iheartwags) did the cookies/cracker deal and when I saw her post about it, a little lightbulb went off in my head. What a wonderful way to use up some RR's! I have a bunch of RR's that expire next Sunday (6/7) and there's really nothing catching my eye in the deals for that week, so there's no sense in saving them. And its not like I really need any health/beauty/household items, so using my RR's for food, especially munchies, definitely works for me. :)

2 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

Nothing is quite as satifying as snacking on something cheap/free. Sure beats paying full price for it! Not that we would ever.

frugalsuz said...

Chicagolandia,
I always think that free food tastes better than anything else. :)