Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Clearing out CVS

I went to a conference today at Rutgers, which is where I used to go to school and work. It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces and to catch up with former colleagues that I see far too rarely. And the sessions were great - I feel all pumped up! Come here students, let me advise you! :p Unfortunately though, halfway during the second session, I started to feel really awful and I could feel a migraine coming on. My head was pounding and I was feeling mighty nauseous. Luckily, some Excedrin and some ginger ale got me through the rest of the day. I'm still feeling a little off, but much better than before. I'm happy the drugs kicked in so fast and I was able to finish out the day. Usually migraines knock me out for the whole day. They're the worst.

CVS
  • 16 Physician's Formula eye shadows - clearanced to $1 each, used 16 $1 coupons (3/22, 4/19 or 5/31 SS) = FREE
  • Physician's Formula foundation - clearanced to $1.19, used $1 coupon (3/22, 4/19 or 5/31 SS) = $0.19
  • Total was $1.39
ShopRite
  • 2 SR pizza doughs $1 each - finally found these! I had to ask for them in the Bakery section, they had them in a freezer behind the counter
  • 4 No Nonsense Knee Highs $1.24 each, used four $1 peelie coupons = $0.96 or $0.24 each
  • Total was $2.96

3 comments:

Queen said...

WOW. i'm on my way to check out the clearance section!!

Unknown said...

What's your secret to having so many duplicate coupons? Where do they come from?

frugalsuz said...

Lisa,
No secret, I just buy a lot of papers. Each week, I buy 6 papers and then I sometimes get leftovers from my mom and my boyfriend's mom's papers. This coupon was in several papers, so I had a lot of coupons floating around.