Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wonderful Morning

Its a bright, sunny day here in NY and a great morning to do some driving.  First I hit up CVS to buy 6 papers ($2 each).  I sat in the car, clipping the $7 Centrum coupons and then hit up Rite Aid -  
Rite Aid

  • 6 Centrum ProNutrients Fruit & Veggies Vitamins $9.59 each ($11.99 reg price, 20% discount), used six $7 coupons (12/11 SS *These beeped), got back two $10 UP's (WYB 3, Limit 2), $10 UP for Season of Savings promo (WYB $50 of qualifying items, new items each week), $10 Wellness + Diabetes promo (WYB $50 of qualifying items, sign-up required) and will get back two $2 SCR's (Limit 2, #19) = $28.46 profit
  • 6 more papers $1.60 each ($2 reg price, 20% discount) = $9.60
  • Used two $10 UP's, total was $5.14

The RA's in NJ never carried papers (in my area anyway) so I was very happy to see papers in the store, and then to get the discount on top of that!  Unfortunately, two of the papers didn't have the SS coupon insert in them.  You should always check before leaving the store, but its such a hassle and I was in a rush.


I went to two more RA's that were wiped out of the vitamins.  Finally at a third store, I hit the jackpot again!

  •  6 Centrum ProNutrients Fruit & Veggies Vitamins $9.59 each ($11.99 reg price, 20% discount), used four $7 coupons (12/11 SS *These beeped) and two $5 coupons (11/13 RP *These beeped too), got back two $10 UP's (WYB 3, Limit 2), $10 UP for Season of Savings promo (WYB $50 of qualifying items, new items each week), $10 Wellness + Diabetes promo (WYB $50 of qualifying items, sign-up required) and will get back two $2 SCR's (Limit 2, #19) = $24.46 profit
  • Hershey's candy bar $0.97 - bought so I could use a second $10 UP to pay
  • Used two $10 UP's, total was $0.55
With this being such a huge moneymaker, I didn't want to waste any time with my shopping this week.  I'm so glad I was able to find these!


Does anyone know how the Wellness points track?  I'm trying to get to 1,000 points on DBF's card and it seems like its not counting all my purchases.  Does it only count the out of pocket cost or something? 
Then off to Price Chopper -

  • 8 PC pizza doughs $0.88 each, B1G3 FREE! so $1.76 for all eight or $0.22 each
  • 4 Triscuits $2 each, used two $1 off 2 coupons (from a tearpad) and doubler coupons from circular (double one $1 coupon, two coupons were in this circular) = $4 or $1 each
  • New York Garlic Knots $2, used $0.50 coupon (Dec. All You magazine) = $1
  • 2 New York Texas Toasts $2 each
  • Dole Celery $1.88 
  • Weaver Chicken Patties $4
  • 12 pack PC rolls $1 
  • McCormick Ground Cloves $6.99
  • PC Crispy Rice Cereal (aka Rice Krispies) $3 - need these for a batch of peanut butter balls I'm going to make next weekend
  • Total was $26.75

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi and thanks for everything you do...you sure help me! I too notice that not everything "counts" at RiteAid as I too am trying to reach gold status (I'm currently at 926). I have discovered when manufacturer coupons beep=NO points! So all free product coupon where they are prompted to enter $ AND all coupons that they hand enter! BOO!!!!

Heather said...

For the wellness points, I found that they only counted the whole dollar amount that I spent (prior to tax) and the whole dollar amount of my manufacturer coupons. They do not count any RA Qs or UP rewards. I finally put myself over the $1000 limit with those $8/2 covergirl coupons from November.

frugalsuz said...

Unknown,
That's very sweet, thank you! That stinks about the coupons. I usually spend so much money at RA that I don't pay attention to what counts and what doesn't in terms of wellness points. But I guess I neglected DBF's card over the past couple months and now I'm scrambling to find things to buy.

Heather,
They really make things as confusing as possible, huh? I may have to go in and buy some stuff without using rewards or coupons. Its getting down to the wire!

Erin said...

Do you have any Dollar Tree Stores near your new house? They sell the Sunday paper for only $1.
:-)

frugalsuz said...

Erin,
I'll have to look into that. There's one about $10 minutes away. For now though, I have so many EB's that I don't mind paying a little more at CVS and not having to pay cash.

Sheila said...

It is so strange to see you post a Price Chopper trip, LOL.

Connie said...

I did the vitamin deal at RA today but didn't get the $10 up for the diabetes program, even though I signed my card up. Any idea if it will print later or do I need to call CS about it?

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
frugalsuz said...

Sheila,
I love Price Chopper! I couldn't believe that big bag of rolls was only $1. I also saw sliced deli cheese for $3 all the time. Seems like some of the regular prices are lower than ShopRite's.

Connie,
I'd call CS. If you signed up for the Diabetes promo, you definitely should have received your UP's.