Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gotta Get a Better Backdrop

All my kitchen stuff on the counter is very distracting.  Anyhoo, I had a $10 S&S catalina that expired today to use up.  I've had this for ages and almost forgot about it


Stop & Shop

  • Bartlett Pears $4.72 ($1.49/lb) and Apples $4.96 ($1.49/lb) - will use these towards a $6 Shock Top NBPR rebate on $10.01 of produce
  • 2 loaves Friehofer bread $3.99 each - there was a sign in the aisle saying these were BOGO.  They didn't ring up this way, but I brought the receipt to CS and they gave me the money back.  I'm not sure if its a programming error with the register or the sign was just wrong.
  • Used $10 catalina, total was $13.67 - paid with a gift card

As I was waiting in line at CS, an older gent shuffled over to me and started telling me how his grandfather smoked all his life until he was 74 and then died in his 80's.  Then his father smoked until he was 60 something and lived to be 109!  "Wow," I said (wondering why he was telling me this).  Then he says to me - so dear, how old do you think I am?  (oh boy)  "You can't be a day over 60," I replied.  "Nope, I'm eighty!" he happily proclaimed.  At this point, another customer caught his attention and he started chattin' him up.  Don't you love how some people just start telling you things as if they've known you their whole lives?


CVS

  • 3 bags Hershey Candies $2.50 each, used B2G1 free coupon (12/11 SS) and got back $2 EB (WYB 2, Limit 1) = $3 or $1 each - will use these towards a $6 Amber Bock NBPR rebate on various holiday items including chocolate
  • CVS candy $0.99
  • Used $2.99 EB and $3 EB, total was $0.59 - paid with CVS gift card I got from promo last week
Rite Aid

  • 3 Orbit Gums $1 each, got back three $1 UP's (Limit 3) = FREE
  • Lysol Neutra Air Fabric Mist $3.19 ($3.99 reg price, 20% discount), will send away for  TMF Rebate = FREE
  • RA Digital Thermometer $7.19 ($8.99 reg price, 20% discount)
  • RA Nail Clippers $1.19 ($1.49 reg price, 20% discount)
  • Used two $2 UP's and $10 UP, total was $1.59
I figure its always good to have a thermometer around the house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that cupcake!

frugalsuz said...

Thanks! I originally bought it for my sister who is really into baking. It was a clearance find at Kohls after Easter or Valentines Day last year. But she has a small kitchen and in thinking about it, I didn't think she'd have room for it so I kept instead. We keep Shadow's treats in there.