Monday, December 12, 2011

A Rebate Bonanza

Rite Aid - I'm in a mad dash to get my Wellness points up on DBF's card.  My latest receipt says I'm around 820 points, but that was before Sunday's shopping kicked in.  Hopefully I'll get "something" for those purchases, but I'm not holding my breath since the coupons I used beeped.  According to "unknown" in yesterday's post's comments, beepers equals no points.  Bummer!  So the new game plan is to see how many TMF items I can get, and then see how many points I end up with.  Hopefully I won't be too far off and can get some food or household stuff to bring me up to 1,000.  I really wish the points total would update after each purchase!  I didn't use UP's to pay for these items, for fear that they would negate the points.   Since I didn't really have a strategy for buying these items or use many coupons, I'm just going to list them all together.


Did I miss any TMF rebates floating around out there?  I'd sure love to know if I did!  Every little bit helps.  I'm going to buy a couple more of the Woolite and Progresso's, since I submit for rebates at multiple addresses.  I'm also going to buy an Arm & Hammer Neti Pot that's free after rebate.  A&H pulled the rebate form from their site, but a fellow couponer was kind enough to send it to me as a PDF.  If you'd like a copy, just email me at frugalsuz at hotmail.com and I'll send it along to you.

  • Woolite Oxy Deep Carpet Stain & Odor Remover $4.79 ($5.99 reg price, 20% discount), used $1 peelie coupon and will submit for TMF rebate = $1 profit
  • Nexxus Therappe Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo (5.1 oz) $4.79 ($5.99 reg price, 20% discount), used $5 circular coupon (no beeps) = $0.21 profit
  • Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner (5.1 oz) $5.99, used $5 circular coupon = $0.99 *This was tagged on the shelf as $5.99 but rang up as $9.99.  The cashier modified it to $5.99, but I guess you don't get a Wellness discount on price modified items.
  • Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken Soup $2.55 ($3.19 reg price, 20% discount), will send away for TMF rebate = FREE
  • Dasani Water (1 L) $1, used $1 RA coupon (Dec. Video Values) = FREE 
  • 2 Packages LED Lights $6.39 each ($7.99 reg price, 20% discount) - will use these plus $11.28 of lights I bought on Black Friday at CVS for a $15 Heineken NBPR rebate (off $20.01 of holiday decorations - lights, bulbs or trees, HKNNA022)
  • Pet Zoom Loungee $11.99 ($14.99 reg price, 20% discount) - we've been looking for these and were planning on getting them at Walgreens.  Even better to buy them here, get my discount and have them count for more points!
I'm thinking of picking up one of the six foot $39.99 Christmas trees to use towards a second Heineken rebate.  They don't look half bad!  After the discount and rebate, it would only cost me $17.   


CVS - wanted to buy some Diet Coke for the gift card promo, but this store was out.  I'll check another tomorrow
  • 3 Bags CVS Chips $2 each - count towards the spend $30, get $10 gift card promo this week
  • Used $2 EB and $2.99 EB, total was $1.01

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi again, (I am "unknown" from yesterday--I fixed my profile and should now be Bonnie) Anyhow, I wanted to confirm-to the best of my knowledge-that if you pay with +UPS and/or use ANY RiteAid coupons (in ad or video value etc)than you get no points for those either. Also, wanted to suggest satisfaction guarantee products. If you can find any of those that "should" work too. Good Luck...so very frustrating to get such a good coupon for the centrum vitamins and get NO credit for them.

frugalsuz said...

Bonnie,
Hello unknown! haha I'm glad you were able to fix your profile and now everyone can know what good information you're sharing. I figured the UP's would mess with the points totals. I have a whole bunch from the Centrum deals to spend, but my plan is to get the points to 1000 first, then spend the UP's. All this plus the holidays coming, its always such a busy time of year!
To let you in on a little secret, I sometimes do guarantee products but I don't post about them. Its a very touchy subject with some people and I just don't want to go there.

mb said...

Just noticed a new physician's formula rebate. Here's the link:
http://www.physiciansformula.com/rebates/2011/OrganicWearLashBoostingMascaraRebateForm.pdf

Expires 10/31/12

frugalsuz said...

mb,
Very nice, thanks for letting me know! I found the A&H Neti Pot rebate form if you still need it. Email me at frugalsuz@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you.