Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Go Meat!

Price Chopper

  • 2 Ore Ida Fries $3 each, used two $1 coupons and got back catalina for FREE bag = three for $4 or $1.33 each

ShopRite - I have four $20 semi-catalinas to use from last week's gift card promo.  They didn't print like catalinas normally do, the $20 comes off automatically when you buy stuff and use your card.  Armed with a shopping list from my hunny, I went a shoppin'!


Trip #1 - 

  • 4 Pierogies $0.99 each
  • 2 Ball Park Hot Dogs $2.50 each
  • 10 La Yogurts $4.50 
  • 2 Tropicana OJ's $1.97 each
  • 3 Friendship Sour Creams $1.34 each
  • After $20 discount, total was around $1 - cannot find this receipt.  I've got to be off a smidge on one of the prices since this doesn't add up to $20.  I remember paying around $1 at the store though.  I hate being so disorganized!  The office will get cleaned up this weekend.  I have receipts everywhere!  

Trip #2 - 

  • 80% Lean Ground Beef (3+ lb packages only, limit 1) 3.51 lbs at $1.99/lb = $6.98
  • Hormel Pepperoni $2.99
  • ShopRite Bacon $3.99
  • 2 Oscar Mayer Ham Cold Cuts $3.50 each
  • Total after $20 discount was $0.96
Trip #3 -
  • Porkchops 3.51 lbs at $1.49/lb = $5.23
  • 80% Lean Ground Beef (3+ lb packages only, limit 1) 3.34 lbs at $1.99/lb = $6.64
  • SR Boneless Chicken Breast 3.35 lbs at $1.99/lb = $6.71
  • 2 Furlani Garlic Bread $1.50 each (for the lasagna I made for dinner)
  • Iceburg Lettuce $0.99
  • 4 Packages Pizza Dough $1.69 each
  • Total after $20 discount was $9.35 
By this point I was pretty tired and my guesstimate was way off in my head.  Oh well, getting almost seven pounds of ground beef, three pounds of chicken, three pounds of porkchops, bacon, pepperoni, lunch meat and all the other stuff for around $12 is pretty awesome in my book.  Thank goodness the house came with a full freezer in the basement!  
Rite Aid 

  • Brita Classic Pitcher $14.99, used $4 coupon (12/4 SS or Oct. All You magazine), will get back $5 (SCR #42, Limit 3) and will submit for $10 rebate = $4.01 profit
  • 2 Domino Sugars (4 lbs) $3, used $0.75 off 2 coupon (12/4 RP), got back $3 UP (WYB $12, Limit 2) *Had bought two other sugars yesterday
  • 4 Ruffles Chips $3 each, got back two $1 UP's (WYB 2, Limit 2) = $10 or $2.50 each
  • Used $10 UP, total was $19.46

Then at another store, I picked up two more $50 Home Improvement gift cards and used the $20 UP's I got back to buy:

  • Conair Infiniti Spin Air Brush $47.99 ($59.99 reg price, 20% discount), used $12 RA coupon (facebook printable from the other day), $5 coupon and got back $10 UP (WYB $30 of Conair) AND a second $10 UP! = $10.99
  • Brita Classic Pitcher $14.99, used $4 coupon (12/4 SS or Oct. All You magazine), will get back $5 (SCR #42, Limit 3) and will submit for $10 rebate = $4.01 profit
  • Used two $10 UP's, two $1 UP's and $3 UP, total was $22.10
Now before you run out and buy this, thinking you'll get back $20, here's what I think happened.  I bought a couple of Conair hair dryers on Black Friday.  I got back a $10 then, but was around $6 or so away from qualifying for a second $10 UP.  I suspect this deal is a holdover from then, and this purchase pushed me over for a second and third UP.  You never really can tell with RA what's going to happen!

7 comments:

Jeana86 said...

Hi, I enjoy seeing all your good deals every week. Do the home improvement cards count towards wellness point toatls?

Erin said...

It's so cool seeing you shop at Price Chopper now that you're in NY! :)

frugalsuz said...

Jeana86,
Thanks! Unfortunately gift cards don't count towards wellness points. I sure wish they did though!

Erin,
Thanks! Its nice for me to have another store to shop at. Variety is the spice of life!

Kathy said...

Just curious as to what you are going to do with all of the water filters?

frugalsuz said...

Kathy,
I'll replace the one I've been using, its ancient. Then I'll probably give them to my sisters or friends. Maybe I could get away with sticking a bow on one and calling it a present! haha

BusyCouponMama said...

Do you have a spare copy of the Brita Rebate? Apparently it's been taken down as I could not access tonight through your link or thru the links I found thru google.

Thanks,
Misspt

BusyCouponMama said...

Ugh, never mind, my adobe was hung up, and wouldn't bring up the PDF. thanks for your great blog.