Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Deal that's Head and Shoulders Above the Rest

(hardy har har har!)





CVS

  • Zyrtec 24-Hr Tablets (5 ct) $5.99, got back $5.99 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • 2 Dog/Cat Christmas stockings $3.49 each ($6.99 reg price, 50% clearance) - these didn't ring up automatically, cashier had to adjust price
  • Used $2 EB, total was $11.96
Then at another store and once I'd read about this deal online, I got:

  • 3 Head & Shoulders Shampoos (Ocean Lift or Extra Volume) $1.57 (clearanced from $6.29) and got back $2 EB for each (Limit 6 bottles total) = $1.29 profit

*I read on SD that you could buy up to three bottles at once for the EB, but I read somewhere else that someone bought four bottles and got $8 EB with no problems.  I bought mine three at a time just to be safe. 

I picked up another 6 bottles and another Zyrtec at a couple other stores.  There's also a $1 off 2 coupon in the 12/11 RP.  I'm going to try and find some more tomorrow and use the coupon for even higher profit!  


Rite Aid - this transaction is a little off because the cashier rang up one of the decorations twice.  I'm going to stop in tomorrow, explain what happened and hopefully I'll get a refund.

  • 2 RA Sugar Wafers $1.83 ($2.29 reg price, 20% discount), got back two $1 UP's (Limit 2) = $1.66 or $0.83 each
  • Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup $1.27 ($1.59 reg price, 20% discount) - need for a recipe
  • Santa/Snowman Wall Sign $7.49 ($14.99 reg price, 50% clearance)
  • Merry Christmas Wall Pocket thingie $9.99 ($19.99 reg price, 50% clearance)
  • 2 Christmas Cards $2.49 each ($4.99 reg price, 50% clearance)
  • Used $33 in UP's, total was around $4 - less once I get a refund for the double charge
Now I only have $10 in UP's to use up.  Thank goodness!  I think I'll spend it on another free-after-rebate item and maybe some De-Icer spray for the car.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Awesome find on the Head and Shoulders. Hadn't read about that deal anywhere. I may try to find some tomorrow. Did you get the almost free Pantene at CVS this week? Several varieties are 75% off, but not marked. One store had them tagged 50%, another 25%, but they were all scanning at 75%, using the $3/2 from the P&G made them almost free.

Sheila said...

Yes, lucky you. I have been to 4 CVS stores looking and all were gone! Too many couponers up here :(

frugalsuz said...

Connie,
I just got some Pantene this morning! Unfortunately I only have one $3/2 coupon so I just got two bottles. My store had the brunette stuff for $1.69 a bottle and the beautiful lengths for $1.59. I got the brunette b/c the bottle was much larger and I loves me some Pantene!

Sheila,
Clearance is always so hit or miss. I've found a couple stores that were totally wiped out and one that was only at 50% clearance so not a great deal.