Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back to Back Transaction Day

TOTAL PROFIT FOR FEBRUARY $97.25
I really don't like to do back-to-back transactions. There's nothing wrong with doing this, but I just don't like to do it. Its very easy for me to lose track of what I'm doing and use the wrong coupons, but today I threw caution to the wind. Wooo!
Walgreens first transaction
  • Revlon Creme Lip Gloss $9.99, used $2 coupon (1/11 or 2/8 SS) and will get back $10.98 ($9.99 + 10% bonus, ESR #4) = $2.99 profit
  • Escencia shampoo $8.99, will submit for Try Me Free rebate on bottle (at parents' address) = FREE
  • Used $6 RR, total was $11.24

Second transaction - was so happy they let me do this b/c this is the first store I've seen in ages that actually has the Revlon gloss in stock

  • Revlon Creme Lip Gloss $9.99, used $2 coupon (1/11 or 2/8 SS) and will get back $10.98 ($9.99 + 10% bonus, ESR #4, rebate in DBF's name) = $2.99 profit
  • M&M's $0.50 (filler so I could use RR) - *You need to have one coupon-less item to pair up with any RR's you want to use. Walgreens coupons (from circular or Easy Saver book) don't count towards this requirement, so I could have bought an item on sale with a circular coupon and still used the RR if I wanted to.
  • Used $6 RR, total was $3.23

The Revlon wasn't discounted $3 like I had written about in this week's sales. I guess it was excluded from the sale. Sorry for any confusion. My bad!

CVS

  • Tums Quik Pak clearanced to $2.40, used $2 CRT and $2.25 coupon = $1.85 profit
  • CVS cotton rounds (25 count, found in trial size section) $0.99, used $1 CVS skincare coupon (pic here) = FREE and will get back $2 EB when I buy a second one (monthly deal, $2 EB WYB 2, Limit 5)
  • Diet Coke $1.69, $1 EB WYB 3 (monthly deal, limit ?)
  • Snickers bar (filler) $0.67
  • Total was $0.52

Rinse and repeat on DBF's card

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

I only do back to backs once in a while at WAG's also. And that's because I don't have a WAG's in my immediate area, so when I'm there, I need to get everything in one trip.