Monday, February 16, 2009

Living Dangerously

TOTAL PROFIT FOR FEBRUARY $120.26
I had to have some blood taken today, which meant no breakfast for me. Tragically, I am a sufferer of LBSCBDO, and since the doctor's office was strategically located between a CVS and a very-well-stocked Walgreens, that meant hounding on an empty stomach. This, my boyfriend will tell you, is a recipe for disaster. Luckily, everything went to plan and I am my happy cheery self again after having a nice lunch.

CVS - my card - thanks again pubbler for the Stayfree coupons!

Be sure to run your card under the scanner. I got $5 off $30 and $2 Stayfree coupons, plus some other goodies. Also, the Neutrogena deal is new so be sure to check that out.
  • 2 Neutrogena bar soaps $2.99 each, got back $10 EB (Limit 1) = $4.02 profit
  • Colgate Total Advanced toothpaste (4 oz) $2.99, used $1.50 coupon (newest All You magazine) and got back $2.99 EB (Limit 2) = $1.50 profit
  • 2 Stayfree pads $3.49 each, used $2 CRT coupon and BOGO coupon (1/4 RP) and got back $4 EB (monthly deal, Limit 5) = $2.51 profit
  • Gillette Fusion Gamer razor $7.99, used $4 coupon (2/8 P&G) and got back $4 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • 2 Extreme Energy shots $4.99 each, got back $9.98 EB ($4.99 each, monthly deal, limit 2) = FREE
  • Milk $2.59
  • Used $5 off $30 coupon, $20 EB, total was $0.52, overall profit was $10.45
DBF's card
  • Colgate Total Advanced toothpaste (4 oz) $2.99, used $1 coupon (2/1 SS) and got back $2.99 EB (Limit 2) = $1 profit
  • 2 Neutrogena bar soaps $2.99 each, got back $10 EB (Limit 1) = $4.02 profit
  • 2 Stayfree pads $3.49 each, used $2 CRT coupon and BOGO coupon (1/4 RP) and got back $4 EB (monthly deal, Limit 5) = $2.51 profit
  • 2 Reeses hearts - clearanced to $0.39 each
  • Used $10 EB, total was $0.24, overall profit $6.75
Walgreens
  • 2 Glade Sense and Sprays $8.99 each, used BOGO coupon and will get back $6.60 ($3 each, limit 4, ESR #28) = $2.39 I should have also used the $4 coupon from the 2/8 SS for a $1.61 profit, but what can I say? My brain was all a-fuddled. I blame it on Lillie and sis for cracking me up with their Sense & Spray story. ;)
  • Auto Expressions Air Freshener $4.99, will get back $5.49 ($4.99 + 10%, "raincheck" item from Jan., probably won't be on the list of rebates, just put in your receipt info without checking any specific rebates and it should pick it up) and will submit for $4.99 manufacturer's rebate = $5.49 profit
  • 4 Loreal Excellence Creme Hair Colors - clearanced to $3.59 each, used four $2 coupons (1/11 RP) and $5 off 2 WAG coupon (scanned twice, from Easy Saver book) = $3.64 profit
  • Used $6 RR and the last of my gift card money ($1.18), total was $5.78, overall profit $4.12
Did you all get an email from Walgreens about the rebates? Looks like some of mine have finally cleared, phew! I was starting to get anxious about them.

8 comments:

Chicagolandia said...

I couldn't get past the LBSCBDO - I seem to suffer from that too, though my method of treatment comes in a different form: cookies!

Lisa B. said...

My hubby suffers the same thing!

You did a great job making the rounds, I hope I find the Neut soap

Pubbler said...

Thanks for posting the Neutrogena deal. I got mine tonite :-) I went to 2 different stores & got 2 x 5/30. Be sure to check again tomorrow - you might get lucky & get another x/xx.

BusyCouponMama said...

I, too, suffer from LBSCBDO!! It's so good to know a name for the disorder! LOL. I'm sorry I threw off your coupon mojo with the Sense and Spray story! I used to call you the coupon rockstar, but I think you have become the coupon leader! Or whatever funnier title you can come up with! "Where frugalsuz leads, coupons follow."
MississippiPT

frugalsuz said...

Chicagolandia,
Cookies definitely work! I always tend to go for salty vs sweet snacks.

Lisa,
Thanks! I found the Neutrogena with the other Neutrogena face soaps (bottles and stuff).

Pubbler,
I got two $5 off $30's on my card but none on my boyfriend's. Its so strange how certain cards seem to get certain coupons.

Lillie,
LOL! You are too funny!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Have a lovely week!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

Ashley said...

Ok maybe its just me, and I'm new to this so it might just be, but I cant figure out how the Glade stuff added up. I have my bogo coupon, and then the $4.00 off coupon, and then I know theres the $3.00 rebate...but I'm still not added up to getting money back.... I'm just now starting to get into trying to find items for free so maybe I'm just missing something.

frugalsuz said...

Splatter,
No worries, a lot of this stuff can get very confusing. The Sense and Spray at Walgreens becomes a freebie with the coupons you listed (BOGO and a $4 coupon) when you factor in the rebates you'll get back from Walgreens. You'll get a $3 rebate (plus 10%) for each one you buy (up to four). So $8.99 + $8.99 - BOGO Q ($8.99) - $4 coupon = $4.99 OOP and you'll get back $6.60 in rebates ($6 + 10% bonus). Hope that helps and feel free to ask any questions you have. :)