Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Trip for Shadow

Rite Aid - I finally used up my last $20 UP!  I've had a lot going on lately and I cannot wrap my head around some of the more complicated transactions that folks are posting on SlickDeals.  I was happy to see this straightforward deal on dog treats.  We needed them, they brought my total close to $20 and the price wasn't half bad.  I was planning on getting some Ruffles ($3 each, $2 UP WYB 2) instead of the Lipton, but this store was totally out.  The Lipton's better for my hips anyway!  :)

  • In Style Magazine $3.19 ($3.99 reg price, 20% discount), used $2 coupon and $2 Savingstar coupon = $0.81 profit
  • 4 Hartz Crunch & Clean Dog Treats $3.99 each ($4.99 reg price, 20% discount), used four $1 coupons (1/29 SS) and got back two $2 UP's ($2 WYB 2, Limit 2) = $7.96 or $1.99 each
  • Lipton Iced Tea Mix $3.99 ($4.99 reg price, 20% discount)
  • RA Garlic Powder $0.80 ($1 reg price, 20% discount)
  • 3 M&M's $0.99 each, BOGO sale so $1.98 for three
  • Used $20 UP, total was ZERO!
Wasn't planning for the extra discount on the Hartz so I threw in the M&M's to get my total higher.  Imagine my surprise when the transaction zeroed out!  I didn't realize they were BOGO otherwise I would have grabbed a fourth bag.  


The cashier saw the $0.50 peelie coupons on the boxes and started taking them off for me.  I said thanks, but told him I had $1 coupons I'd rather use.  He said - no worries, you can use both.  (headsmack)  I had to tell him (twice) that you couldn't use two coupons on one item.  His Manager was ringing right next to him too!  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he thought the peelie coupons were RiteAid coupons.  But he is the same cashier who rang up some holiday decorations twice for me.  And that's all I've got to say 'bout that.

No comments: