Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nothing's Ever Easy at RA

Rite Aid - stole the Aveeno deal from Sheila - thanks for the idea!

  • Arm & Hammer Crystal Burst Laundry Detergent Capsules $5.59 ($6.99 reg price, 20% discount), will send away for TMF rebate (peelie found on package) = FREE
  • Stopain Analgesic Spray or Roll On $6, will get back $6 (SCR #22) =FREE
  • 2 Robitussins $5.19 each ($6.49 reg price, 20% discount), used two $3 circular coupons and two $1 coupons (or here or 1/1 or 1/29 RP) = $2.38 
  • 3 Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads (28 ct) and one Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub $7.99 each, BOGO 50% off sale so two were $3.99 each, used four $2 coupons (1/8 SS), got back $5 UP for spending $15 on Aveeno (weekly deal) and once I buy one more ($6.39 with 20% discount - $2 coupon), I'll get back a $10 UP for spending $25 on skincare items (monthly deal) = $5.35 or $1.07 each
  • 2 Starburst Jelly Beans $2.39 each ($2.99 reg price, 20% discount), got back $1 UP (WYB 2) = $3.78 or $1.89 each
  • Used $10 UP and $20 UP, total was $8.71
Yesterday I bought 12 Robitussins at $5.19 a piece = $62.28.  Since the $10 UP is printing for every $25 spent and not $30 as I'd thought, I purchased a couple too many.  I crunched the numbers today and found that I'd make a profit if I bought three more Robitussins to get me to the $75 threshold.  Imagine my surprise when the $10 UP printed today after only two bottles!  Well, I just realized why that happened.  The cashier rang up three bottles when I'd only purchased two.  Sigh.  Not quite the plan I'd had in mind, but in total, I spent $19.85 and got back $30 in UP's so I still made a $10.15 profit. 


CVS

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi there I wanted to mention that I accidentally purchased 6 (of the $7.99/$3.99 Aveeno's instead of 5 (wasn't thinking), but it worked out as I got 2 $5 Aveeno +UPS and the $10 skincare +UP (I didn't realize I'd get 2 $5 UPS). I think if you buy 2 more you'll also get another $5 +UP. Also, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but those $2 coupons expires today (in case you didn't realize).

Mary said...

Hi! Ive been majorly lagging on my couponing since Christmas but I love me some Aveeno. The monthly deal...when does that expire? I think you posted this yesterday..2/29 and now its 3/1..so just cking. Im super sick AND preggers so my willpower is very low right now and your help is much appreciated! =)

Laurie said...

You're so lucky to have found mascara w/the TMF peelies. I've checked every CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target & Ulta near me and none of them have the peelies...or the clear thing that's left behind when the peelie is removed. :(

frugalsuz said...

Bonnie,
Thanks for the tip! I just worked out the math and it will be better for me to pick up another two.

Oh nos....how did I miss that? Sadly I don't have a time machine so I'll have to use $1 coupons instead. There's one here: http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=GLPAHOLHDARLS and here: https://www.healthyessentials.com/

Mary,
Congrats on the little one! The monthly deal is good until 3/6 so you'd be fine doing the deal today or tomorrow (weekly deals end Saturday in most parts of the country).

Laurie,
That stinks, I'm sorry you haven't been able to find any. This is actually the first TMF sticker I've seen for the mascara too. Seems like you have to grab the stickers when you first see them.