Monday, June 28, 2010

Rebates are a Girl's Best Friend

Rite Aid - FYI - reports are coming in that next month's Video Values coupons will be one-use only. Bummer! If you can get your shopping done by 6/30, you can use last month's coupon which is fine to use multiple times.
  • 4 John Frieda Root Awakening Sham/Cond/Stylers $5 each, used four $3 coupons (6/6 SS) and got back $10 UP Rewards = $7 profit
  • Style Science Sunglasses $12.99, used $10 coupon (*Expires 6/30) and will get back $5 (SCR #40) = $2.01 profit *I'm hoping I can find another NBPR rebate on sunglasses to use along with this moneymaker.
  • $15 Papa Johns Gift Card
  • Used $5 off $20 coupon and two $10 UP Rewards, total was $2.95, overall profit = $7.05

CVS - done on my new card. I've been getting so many $4 off $20 coupons on this card that I wish I'd signed up for a new card sooner! I could have bought the Tena at Rite Aid instead ($6 profit there too) but I wanted to use up some EB's. With the lack-luster deals there lately, I've had a lot of EB's just sitting around.

  • 3 Aveeno sham/cond/stylers $6.49 each and one Aveeno Ultra Calming lotion $6.99, used three $1.50 coupons and one $2 coupon, got back $10 EB (Limit 1) and will submit for $10 rebate = $0.04 profit
  • Used $4 off $20 coupon, $1 EB, $2.97 EB, $5 EB and $5 EB, total was $3.49, overall profit = $2.54

Separately, I bought:

  • 2 Tena Ultra Thins $12.99 each, BOGO sale, used two $3 peelie coupons (found at RA, also $2.50 coupons available) and will submit for TMF rebate (6/6 SS - regional) = $6 profit
  • 2 Stayfree Pads $3.69 each, BOGO sale and used two $2 coupons = $0.31 profit
  • 2 Milky Way bars $0.89 each, BOGO sale = $0.89
  • Pepsi $1.79 and Rold Gold Pretzels $0.99 - if I buy a second set of these, I'll get back $1 EB
  • Used $4 off $20 coupon, total was $6.46, overall profit = $6.54

Was only going to buy the Tena and Stayfree but the cashier vetoed my $4 off $20 coupon when my post-sale total was below $20. Bummer. Also had to listen to his little sermon about how companies put out all these coupons only to jack the prices of the items up, fooling all us stupid consumers. I just smiled and nodded as I used my "stupid coupons," making a quick and easy six dollars. Ok buddy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you just use BOGO for the Stayfree at Rite Aid? I did a tester with 1 coupon today and it worked and the cashiers are really awesome at my Rite Aid. :)

frugalsuz said...

Courtney,
I used up all my BOGO coupons from the previous inserts and my order of Sunday's coupons hasn't come in yet. My area stopped getting the Red Plum coupons a while back, so I order my coupons online.

Anonymous said...

Boo! That sucks, hopefully they come in fast. I am getting the rest of mine today.