GRR! So let's now call this is a "double goof." I have been trying to find Fresh Deli items, and I can't find anything about the brand. I decided to look on HCW to see if anyone else is having this problem and someone called Heineken and confirmed that you CAN buy any old deli meat for this rebate. That would be wonderful news...except that this morning, I sent off this receipt for the $5 cheese rebate instead! lol I just can't win today. Here's the HCW thread.
So...I goofed today. I bought a Heineken rebate (on ebay) for $20 off when you buy $25 of fresh deli products (plus beer, but NJ doesn't require that you buy alcohol for these kind of rebates). Stoked for such a great deal, I headed off to the supermarket and bought a smidge over $29 worth of cheese and meat at the deli. Then I got home, set up my goodies, snapped the shot below and then set about filling out the rebate form. That's when I realized it was for $25 worth of Fresh Deli products, meaning Fresh Deli is a brand, a product line, a company, not as I had thought, a suggestion for what you should purchase. Sigh. $29 is a whole lotta money to spend on cold cuts!
Its not like I can return them, so I just have to eat the mistake, literally (hardy har har!). On a happier note, I had bought a couple of rebate forms, and one is for $5 off meat or cheese. So I'll submit for that rebate and get some of the money back. And DBF's mom thinks her store (Pathmark) carries Fresh Deli items, so I might still be able to do the rebate. Thank goodness cold cuts freeze well!
Go here to sign up for a FREE subscription to Rouge, a magazine published by P&G that includes coupons! Free subscription? Coupons? You know I'm all over it!
Target - looks like this is the last week for the Gillette gift card deal, word is its not in next week's circular. My good friend dancinmama sent me 21 coupons (thank you!), and I put them to good use today.
- 4 Gillette Power razors (has to be the power variety, last week the manual varieties were on sale) $6.99 each, used four $4 coupons (2/7 P&G) and got back a $5 Target gift card for every 2 razors I bought
- Diet Snapple 6 pack $4.99, used $1 coupon (1/31 SS) and will submit for Try Me Free rebate (tearpad rebate found at Walgreens) = $1 profit (assuming the Snapple folks give me back $4.99. The receipt clearly lists the $1 coupon right under the item)
- Total was $17.56, paid with gift cards from previous Gillette purchases so nothing OOP
- 10 Gillette Power razors $6.99 each, used ten $4 coupons (2/7 P&G) and got back a $5 Target gift card for every 2 razors I bought
- Total was $33.04, paid $24.57 in Target gift cards and $8.47 cash
- 6 Gillette Power razors $6.99 each, used six $4 coupons (2/7 P&G) and got back a $5 Target gift card for every 2 razors I bought
- Total was $19.83, paid with Target gift cards, nothing OOP
I also stopped by two CVS's today and found one that was out of stock on the DiGiorno pizzas. Hoorah! I got a raincheck for four pizzas at BOGO for $0.01. Now when I get my coupons for two free pizzas (rebate info in this post), I'll use them at CVS along with this raincheck to get four pizzas for $0.02. All in all, I'll have bought eight pizzas and paid only $13.98 or $1.74 each.ShopRite
- One pound Swiss cheese $5.99/lb = $5.87
- Will submit for $5 meat or cheese rebate (Irish beer rebate - Smirnoff, Guinness, Harp or Smithwick's)
At Kohls - shower curtain liner - says it won't ever get mildew, we'll see about that. The ventilation in my bathroom is horrible. $19.99 reg price, on sale for $13.99 and used $10 Kohl's cash. Total was $4.27. This won't go into my grocery budget, but I was excited to get it for so cheap.