Monday, August 10, 2009

Some Small Shopping Trips

I'm happy to say that I was promoted at work and today was my first day. I'm working at a different location and with different hours, so its going to take some getting used to. I am SO tired! Not to mention I have to scope out where the stores are in this area. Today I went to an Acme on my lunch break, mostly just to get the circular. I'm going to plan out some ways to use my catalinas and go back later in the week.

Acme
  • 2 Tostitos $3 each, used $2 off 2 coupon (Pepsi/Frito rebate) = $4 or $2 each
  • Moon pie $0.50
  • Used two $2 catalinas, total was $0.50

ShopRite - had catalinas to use up here too

  • 4 No Nonsense trouser socks $1.99 each, used four $1 peelie coupons (on package) = $3.96 or $0.99 each
  • Peaches $1.70 ($0.99/lb)
  • Dole lettuce $1.49
  • 4 boxes SR pasta $1 each
  • Used three $3 catalinas and got $0.05 bag discount, total was $2.10

*The No Nonsense socks were marked in the aisle as $1.49 each. I was pretty sure this was an old sale price so I bought them hoping they'd ring up as $1.99 each. Sure enough they did! Since SR has a price guarantee, I got back $1.99 and then $0.50 x 3 in cash (price difference on the other three).

CVS - my card

  • Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse Makeup $9.99, used $1 coupon (7/19 SS) and got back $9.99 EB (Limit 1) = $1 profit
  • Pen $0.01 (found in a bin at the front of the store)
  • Used $1 EB, $3 EB and $5 EB, total was $0.63

CVS - DBF's card

  • Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse Makeup $9.99, used $1 coupon (7/19 SS) and got back $9.99 EB (Limit 1) = $1 profit
  • Sharpie Accent Highlighters (4 pack) $0.99, use $1 coupon = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • Used $7.99 EB, total was $1.76

I had originally planned to buy four Sharpies but this store is iffy on printable coupons and would only let me use one coupon, so I just got one package.

6 comments:

Pubbler said...

Have you ever only found the No nonsense peelies at Shoprite? I've been checking my stores and haven't found any with peelies :-(

frugalsuz said...

I pretty much have only looked for the peelie coupons at ShopRite because that's where the sales have been lately. I really couldn't tell you if I've seen them in other stores. I hope you're able to find some!

Heather said...

Did you know that some of the Acme deals from last week are still working. According to Slick Deals, the Qtips and Dove Shampoo deals are still working. I tried the Dove Shampoo deal this afternoon (4/$20) and got back $27 in cats.

frugalsuz said...

Heather,
Really? Good to know, thanks so much for letting me know!

Anonymous said...

Great CVS shopping trips!!

I would love to get my website on your blog roll and if you have a button I can put it on my blog for you.

http://www.thriftycoupondeals.com

Thanks,

Miss Thrifty

frugalsuz said...

Your Deal Finder,
Thanks! I don't have a button but go ahead and link away. :)