Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can You Tell I'm Burning Out?

My math is definitely getting a little sloppy. I'm glad the sales end tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if I should get up early and do one last Acme run in the morning before work. I'm thinking probably not but we'll see...

Only four transactions today (cause I squished 'em all together!)

Un
  • 5 All detergents $3.50 each ($6.49 reg price), used five $1 coupons (6/28 or 8/2 RP), got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) = $2.50 profit
  • 6 Scotch bubble mailers $0.59 each, used six $0.50 coupons (6/28 RP) = FREE
  • 2 Scotch bubble mailers (smaller size) $0.39 each - fillers
  • Used $10 cat, total was $4.76

Deux

  • 10 Betty Crocker cake mixes $1 each (reg. price $2.59 each) = $10 OOP
  • 8 Suave shampoo/conditioners $1.66/7 each ($2.79 reg price) and five Suave kids shampoo/cond $1.66/7 each ($2.49 reg price), used six $1 off 2 coupons (5/17 or 8/2 RP) = $15.68 OOP
  • Got back $45 in catalinas (for spending $90, based on regular prices) = $19.32 profit
  • Used $10 cat and three $5 cats, total was $2.23
Trois
  • 10 Suave body washes $2 each (three rang up as $2.99), used five $1 off 2 coupons (5/17 or 8/2 RP) = $17.97 OOP
  • 10 Dove Body Mists $2.50 each ($4.49 reg price) and four Dove deodorants $2.50 each ($4.49 reg price), used five $1 Body Mist coupons and two $1 off 2 coupons for deo (5/17 or 6/28 RP) = $27 OOP
  • Got back $45 in cats (for spending $90, based on regular prices) = $0.03 profit
  • Used one $10 cat, seven $5 cats and one $2 cat, total was $2.03

One of my cats was halfway done printing my second to last catalina when the printer ran out of paper. You should have seen the expression on my face! The cashier reloaded it and it printed my final cat, but not the one it was halfway done with. I went to CS and they pulled a used $5 cat out of the register to replace it.

Quatre
  • 2 Moon pies $0.50 each - promised my darling BF I'd buy these for him :)
  • 14 General Mills cereals $2 each (4 Kix $3.89 reg price, 4 Cinnamon Toast Crunch $4.39 reg price and 6 Honey Nut Cheerios $4.29 reg price), used two $0.55 HNC coupons, two $0.75 Kix coupons, two $1 off 2 coupons and two $1 off 2 coupons, got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30, based on shelf prices) = $6.40

*Should have received $30 in cats, not sure why I only got $15. My regular price total here was well over $60. OOPS! Just redid the math and its actually $58.86. Didn't I do this same thing last weekend? Sigh. Oh well, I made enough profit on all the other stuff I bought to cancel this out, plus, I'm too tired to care! :)

  • Used three $5 cats and one $2 cat, total was $2.80

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Suz, you make my head spin. There is no way I could figure all this out!! but, happy for you and the recipients that get your overflow!!!!

spaghetti0625 said...

Thanks for the post! DH and I were noticing our stockpile of cereal dwindling. I'm going out on lunch today and going to ACME to buy some cereal!

Queen said...

i feel your pain! i went to the store before work to get more laundry detergent and they were out...I got a raincheck for 17 bottles instead, and honestly was kind of relieved!!

Stephanie said...

Sweet! I have to live vicariously through all your good grocery store deals as I only have a county market around me and all they do is offer double coupons up to $1!

frugalsuz said...

Kathleen,
I could never have figured all this out if it wasn't for HCW. Deals like this are so complicated and I really rely on HCW to point out the best deals to me.

spaghetti,
I'm glad you were able to get some!

Queen,
I almost went for more detergent after work today but I talked myself out of it. I was too tired and wasn't sure they'd even have any in stock. The closest Acme is about 15-20 minutes away, so I can't just pop in and check. Now I have to spend all those cats!

Stephanie,
lol! Live away, dear friend! Live away.