Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Have your Cake and Eat it Too!

Acme - went to two different stores today and did six transactions overall. There are essentially two promos running: spend $30 (on participating items in the circular) get back $15 in catalinas (can do this deal more than once at a time) and a Unilever deal. The details for the Unilever deal are: spend $10, get $3, spend $20, get $7 or spend $30+, get $12. Here's what I got:

Uno:
  • 10 Betty Crocker Cake Mixes $1 each ($2.59 reg. price) and two Betty Crocker frostings $1.50 each ($2.29 reg. price), used two $0.50 coupons (WYB mix and frosting - cashier did not double) and got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) = $3 profit
  • 4 Dove shampoo/conditioners (25.4 oz size) $5 each (reg. price $7.89 each), used four $1 coupons (6/7 or 8/2 RP) and got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) and $12 in catalinas (for buying Unilever items) = $11 profit
  • Used $10 catalina and three $5 catalinas, total was $4.44
Dos:
  • 4 Dove shampoo/conditioners (25.4 oz size) $5 each (reg. price $7.89 each), used three $1 coupons (6/7 or 8/2 RP) and got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) and $12 in catalinas (for buying Unilever items) = $10 profit
  • Total was $18.40 - was in a rush and didn't use any catalinas to pay
Tres:
  • 12 Betty Crocker cake mixes $1 each (reg. price $2.59 each) = $12, got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) = $3 profit
  • 4 Dove shampoo/conditioners (25.4 oz size) $5 each (reg. price $7.89 each), got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) and $12 in catalinas (for buying Unilever items) = $7 profit
  • 6 Scotch packaging tapes $1 each, used six $0.50 coupons (7/26 RP) = FREE
  • Used $2 cat, $5 cat, $5 cat, $5 cat, $5 cat, $5 cat and $5 cat, total was $1.58
Cuatro:
  • 4 Dove shampoo/conditioners (25.4 oz size) $5 each (reg. price $7.89 each), got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) and $12 in catalinas (for buying Unilever items) = $7 profit
  • Used four $5 cats, total was $1.40
Cinco:
  • 8 Degree Women's Ultra Clear deodorants (2.6 oz) $2.50 each ($4.49 reg. price), used eight $0.75 coupons (5/17, 6/28 or 8/2 RP) = $8 OOP and got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) = $7 profit
  • 6 Dove Ultimate Clear deodorants (2.8 oz), one Dove Go Fresh deodorant (2.8 oz) and one Dove Go Fresh Body Mist (3 oz) $2.50 each ($4.49 reg. price), used six $1.25 coupons (6/7 RP) and one $1.50 off 2 coupon (5/17 or 6/7 RP) = $11 OOP and got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) = $4 profit
  • Used $10 catalina, total was $11.38
Seis:
  • 9 Skippy Naturals Peanut Butter and one Skippy Reduced Fat Peanut Butter $2 each ($2.99 reg. price) and one Cheerios snack mix $1.67 (used $0.50 coupon 6/14 SS) = $20.67 OOP and got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) and four $1 catalinas (for buying Skippy Naturals - I would have received a fifth $1 cat if I'd bought 10 Naturals but the store only had 9) = $1.67
  • 4 Dove shampoo/conditioners (25.4 oz size) $5 each (reg. price $7.89 each), got back $15 in catalinas (for spending $30 - based on shelf prices) and $12 in catalinas (for buying Unilever items) = $7 profit
  • Used eight $5 catalinas, total was $2.07
I'm so loving these deals! Even without coupons, the Dove and Betty Crocker cake mix deals are moneymakers. You can't beat that! Its kinda hard to see in the picture, so here are the varieties of the items I bought:
  • Dove shampoo/conditioner (25.4 oz) Go Fresh Therapy Cool Moisture (light green), Daily Moisture Therapy (white) and Intense Damage Therapy (dark blue)
  • Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mixes (18.25 oz) Milk Chocolate, Butter Recipe Yellow, Yellow, Devil's Food and White
  • Skippy Naturals Creamy and Super Chunky Peanut Butter and Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter
The bottom line
  • Merchandise total (before sales & coupons) $342.27
  • # of Items: 77
  • Price I paid after coupons and sales: $166.27 (paid for a bulk of this using catalinas from previous purchases, I paid only $39.27 in cash)
  • Rewards I earned today: $214.00
  • Profit for the day: $47.73
Not bad for a couple hours work, huh? :)

Rite Aid
  • Crest Pro-Health Whitening Toothpaste (4.2 oz) $2.79, used $1 coupon (8/2 P&G) and will get back $2.79 (SCR #124) = $1 profit
  • Garnier Fructis sham/cond/styler $2.99, used $1 coupon (7/12 or 8/2 RP) and will get back $2 (SCR #6) = FREE
  • Gillette Venus Single Razor $7, used $2 coupon (8/2 P&G) and will get back $5 (SCR #127) = FREE
  • Skin Clinic Advanced Wart Remover (16 ct) $14.99, will get back $14.99 (SCR #14) = FREE
  • Nutter butter cookies $0.79 (bought the toothpaste yesterday so I needed this filler to get me up to $25)
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon, total was $20.46

6 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Wow! Great shopping. I especially love the cake mix deal!

slugmama said...

Don't go over the river to the Warminster PA Acme. I tried to do 3 $30 deals there today(one deal was a Double Dip with Dove & Q-Tips)& the CS person came over and took my $45 in Cats! She said the manager said NOT to let the customers have them if they used $5 Cats to pay(which I did, from a purchase at a different store earlier in the day). Now I have to call corporate and this idiot manager in the morning and raise 3 kinds of he**! I am so pissed!!! They stole my Cats! I bought $90+ worth of stuff to get those. I am about ready to have my attorney hubby serve a lawsuit on this idiot and his store! I know it's irrational and would cost more than the Cats are worth but it's the danged principle of the thing now. So BEWARE the Warminster PA store!!! argh.....
Still fuming......
Glad you made a good haul tho....lol

Heather said...

Wow!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I did 4 trips today (at 4 stores) with my 2 month old and I am exhausted. I don't know how you do so many transactions. I made $12 profit but that included buying other non sale items as well.

Thanks for your hard work!

slugmama said...

Me again...I mispoke. It was NOT the Warminster PA Acme...it WAS the Horsham PA Acme that stole my Cats.
The CS person took the Cats I was paying with and wouldn't give them back to me, so I could just leave and not buy anything. I told her to give them back to me Twice and she refused to, saying snottily, "why would you want to leave and not buy anything? You're getting it all for almost free anyway? Well, GEE, maybe if this store actually had something approaching Customer Service rather than Customer Abuse, I might stay and Want to shop here!
So she refused to return my old Cats and held me hostage until I paid for the order!
Can you believe this stuff??
I called both the Catalina Marketing CS and Acme/Albertson's Corporate CS today and neither of the reps whom I spoke to could believe what they did! They both said this store/this staff and this manager were way over the line.
And the manager never called me like he was suppose to.
My next step is to contact the state's attorney general's office and then the local Philly tv consumer reporter. And there is always the Letter to the Editors of a major city newspaper, right? Maybe I should call that musician that got back at United Airlines for wrecking his guitar by writing a song about the incident and causing major bad publicity for that company. I wonder what he's charge to write me an Acme protest song?lolol

So stay away from the Horsham PA Acme unless you like to be accused of theft and harrassment.

Pubbler said...

Wow, awesome deals! That's it, I'm packing my bags & coming to visit for some cake :-)

frugalsuz said...

Precious,
My sister, the cake-baker is going to love them too!

slugmama,
Oh no they didn't!!! Oh my god, I can't believe they took your catalinas. Like you said, that's just not right. Please let me know how this works out for you!

Heather,
Well, it helps to not have a little one tagging along with me. :) Four trips is awesome!

pubbler,
Come on over! I've even got the frosting to go along with them. :)