Monday, August 18, 2008

Putting that Be Fine Overage to Good Use...

I think I'm done with the Be Fine Q after today's deals. I'm exhausted from planning deals, picking everything out in the store and then going to pay only to find out the store won't take the coupon. I've gone to three different RA's and been allowed to use the Q at two out of the three stores. One store allowed me to use it, then didn't allow me on another transaction, then allowed me on the third transaction (different days, different cashiers). Frankly, I'm beat! :)

RA #1
  • 2 Be Fine trial sizes $1.99 each, used two $5 Be Fine coupons (from booklet) = $6.02 overage
  • 8 St. Ives Elements cleaners/face scrubs $6.99 each, BOGO sale and used 4 BOGO coupons (8/10 SS) = FREE *These are with the facial care stuff (not body wash)
  • 2 Garnier stylers $6
  • Total was $2.66 - just the tax. In retrospect, I should have used two $1 Garnier coupons, but at the time, I was thinking my total would be lower and using these coupons would have brought me into the negative. I was surprised at how much the tax was on this transaction, but its still a great deal for all this stuff.

RA #2

  • 2 Be Fine trial sizes $1.99 each, used two $5 Be Fine coupons (from booklet) = $6.02 overage
  • Act mouthwash $3.99, used $1 coupon (8/3 SS) = $2.99
  • 2 St. Ives Elements cleaners/face scrubs $6.99 each, BOGO sale and used 1 BOGO coupon (8/10 SS) = FREE
  • 4 Lipton sides $0.99 each, used two $0.75 off 2 coupons (8/17 RP) - rounded out SCR #133
  • Total was $0.48

Walgreens - needed to use up two $5 RR's expiring this week

  • 3 mailing envelopes $0.39 each w/circular Q
  • Bioinfusion shampoo $5.99 - FREE after rebate #4 plus 10% bonus for gift card
  • WAG pads $2.99
  • Total was $0.65

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I know what you mean about being exhausted after all the planning then executing of each "deal". I never would have thought I would be as burned out as I am on hounding in such a short time, but I am. I've just gotten to the point where I'm happy to just go for the deals on stuff that I either need RIGHT NOW or will need really soon. I'll only buy things that are really good deals if I'm going to that store anyway, they have everything in stock, and I have the time.

frugalsuz said...

I'm with you. I'm debating with myself whether or not I want to buy the Lysol at Rite Aid next week. Its free with coupons, but do I want to spend all that money (meaning about $1) on tax! Its a nice dilemma to have though and as tiring as it can be, I LOVE hounding!