Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend of Hounding!


















Its been the dreaded triple H this weekend - hazy, hot and humid. With temps reaching into the mid 90's and crazy humidity, it wasn't fun getting in and out of the car to go hounding - but I wasn't about to let that stop me! DBF and I were sticky all weekend, but look at all we've got to show for it! Here we go:

Target
  • 2 All trial size detergents $1 each - used $1 All coupons here = FREE
  • Total was $0.14

Kmart (went in for the BOGO Max Factor sale...and the store didn't have any Max Factor at all! Not even a spot for it in the makeup aisle! Grr)

  • Tidy Cats litter pellets $5.59
  • Tidy Cats litter pads $3.69
  • Used two $2 coupons I printed from coupons.com ages ago (they aren't there anymore unfortunately)
  • Total was $5.93 with tax
  • I LOVE this litter box by the way! With 2 cats, there used to be tracked litter all over my apartment. Not anymore! Love it!

A&P - triple coupons this week!

  • 3 Viva paper towel rolls $2.29 each - used $0.75 coupons (4/27 SS) = $0.04 each
  • 2 Sunsweet dried fruits (yum!) $2.99 each - used $0.75 coupons (5/18 SS) = $0.74 each
  • 4 Lysol Healthy Touch Gentle foam $0.99 each (had a raincheck from last month) - used 3 $0.75 coupons (4/13 SS) and 1 $1 coupon (5/18 SS) = -$3.79 overage
  • Total was -$2.04 so I picked up 2 packs of gum at $1.19 each = $0.51

Found Mentos Gum at another A&P - marked as $1.19 (rang up as $1.49) so with the $0.55 coupons (5/18 SS) they were -$0.46 each. Noticed when I got home the second transaction with 1 gum that the coupon only doubled, not tripled. Oh well, it was still a steal.

Walgreens

  • 2 packs Walgreens water for DBF's mom - 2 for $5 with in-circular coupon
  • 2 bags WAG shredded cheeses $2.59 each
  • Milk $2.19
  • 1 paper $1
  • Total was $13.37 - paid with rebate gift card

CVS

  • 4 packs Diet Coke for DBF (this is all he drinks - I swear!) 4 for $11
  • 3 papers $2 each
  • Used $4.69 ECB, $5 ECB and $6 ECB
  • Total was $1.31 and got back $3 ECB for Coke

Stop & Shop

1st Transaction

  • 5 Breakstone Cottage Doubles $1 each
  • Coupons used: $1 off 3 Breakstones coupon (5/18 SS) and $0.05 bag discount
  • Total was $3.95 and got back $5 catalina (buy 5 of certain products - get $5) - $1.05 profit

2nd Transaction

  • 3 Breakstone Cottage doubles $1 each
  • 2 Jell-o Dark Chocolates $3 each
  • Coupons used: $1 off 3 Breakstone (5/18 SS), 2 $1 Jell-o Coupons (6/1 SS), $0.05 bag discount (she gave it to me again!) and $5 catalina from 1st transaction
  • Total was $0.95 and got another $5 catalina - $4.05 profit!

RiteAid

  • Monistat Soothing Care $4.99
  • Coupons used: $2 Monistat coupon, $2 RiteAid Monistat Coupon
  • Total was $1.34 and I'll get back $4.99 for the RA rebate - $3.65 profit!

2 comments:

Amiyrah said...

Great job today. Did you get your breeze box from the free promo they had last month or did you buy it? kitty boy tracks litter right in front of his "bathroom closet" and I have to clean it all the time. I was thinking about getting him a new one once we move. Also, can't wait to do the breakstones deal. Was going to do it tomorrow but DH is taking the car :o(. I don't think I will roll it but I was craving some cool whip so maybe lol.

frugalsuz said...

Unfortunately I missed the promo for a free box. I'd also heard word of a rebate for the litter box, but I missed that too! I actually have 2 boxes - one just wasn't quite enough for two cats and paid for them with actual money - gasp! I think I had a coupon for the second box though. I'm pretty sure I have another $5 coupon for the litter box if you'd like me to send it to you.

The Breakstone deal is great! I may run back during the week to do it again.