Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hounds This Weekend

Here's what I got this weekend:

Old Navy on Saturday - flip flops were $1 each, got a pair for DBF too
Walgreens - Saturday
  • 2 Air Wick freshmatics $5.99 each - $3 July rebate on each - $4 coupon on each
  • Total was $4.82 and I'll get back $6 + 10% with the rebate so $1.78 profit

CVS - Saturday

  • 3 Colgate Total advanced toothpastes $2.99 each - $1.50 coupons - give back $2 ECB - $0.51 profit on each
  • Oral B Cross Action toothbrush twin pack $6.99 - $6.99 ECB (monthly deal)
  • Bag of chips for drive in $0.99
  • Coupons used: three $1.50 Colgate coupons (June All You magazine) and $10 ECB
  • Total was $2.87 and got back $6 ECB for Colgate and $6.99 ECB for Oral B

CVS - Sunday - my card

  • 24 pack Gold Emblem bottled water $2.99 (Sunday & Monday only) - $1.00 coupon from scanner
  • Physician's formula mascara $7.99 - $7.99 ECB - $1 coupon (3/16 SS, 4/20 SS or 6/1 SS) = $1 profit
  • Excedrin back & body 24 count $4.29 - $2 Excedrin coupon - $1.50 CVS coupon for any pain reliever = $0.79 and I'll submit for the $4.29 rebate (sorry, I'm not sure which insert this was in) = $3.50 profit
  • EDIT - the coupon was in the 5/4 SS and the rebate is in the 6/8 SS.
  • Coupons used: $1 CVS water, $1 Physician's Formula, $2 Excedrin, $1.50 CVS pain reliever, $10 ECB
  • Total was $1.27 and got back $7.99 ECB for Physician's Formula
  • Realized after I left the store that the cashier didn't ring up the $1.50 coupon. Went back and they gave me $1.50 cash.

CVS - Sunday - DBF's card

  • Gold Emblem 24 pack water $2.99 (Sunday & Monday only) - $1.00 coupon from scanner
  • Bic Soleil razor & 4 count cartridges $6.99 each - 2 $4 coupons (6/22 SS) - $5 ECB
  • Physician's Formula mascara $7.99 - get back $7.99 ECB - $1 coupon
  • 2 papers $4
  • Milk $2.59
  • Coupons used: $1 off water, $1 Physician's Formula, two $4 Bic coupons, $5 off $20 (emailed to DBF), $6 ECB and $6.99 ECB
  • Total was $3.77 and got back $5 ECB for Bic and $7.99 for Physician's Formula

2 comments:

Wildsissy said...

Hellloooo, can I just say YOU HAVE CREATED A MONSTER! lol! I'm a total freak since reading one of your posts last Friday night! I actually didn't sleep most of Friday night because I was so excited about getting up on Saturday to go to Walgreens to cash in on the AirWick deal! That just added to my addiction because last night I had to stop at CVS to start the ECB rolling.. got a ton of great deals. I did the Swiffer wipes for $5.99 had 2 $1 coupons, got the $5 back plus did the OB one with a $1.50 coupon on that.

So today armed with my $6.50 in bucks, more coupons, a glazed look from being up all night researching deals I went to Woodmans (grocery store) got a ton of great bargins, Wal-Mart, Target, Menards, Waglreens, CVS, Jewel (grocery store) and the gas station. I had to fight with every cashier today because I was REALLY watching and of course every single one had something ring up wrong. I had a cashier tell me today that the coupon said I had to buy PERT shampoo PLUS conditioner to use a PERT PLUS coupon! *sigh*

anyway.. I got a ton of great bargins today, barely paid anything out of my pocket and brought home more bags of products than I have in a long time.

I was laid off in April and my severance runs out in July so I'm building up all my products to help me once I'm only unemployment.

Thanks for your sharing all your awesome ideas! I'll now be able to roll the money I've already spent on items I'll need when I'm broke!!

frugalsuz said...

I totally know the feeling! I usually plan out my upcoming deals on Thursday/Friday, and I cannot wait for the new week to start so I can run out for my shopping. I often find great deals on other blogs or HCW, figure the details out at night when I get home from work, and then I often lie in bed, scenarios running through my head until I drift off. I have a 24-hour CVS about 10 minutes away, and sometimes its all I can do to stop myself from running out at midnight to get the deals! :) It's really becoming an addiction for me, but at least I'm making money doing it. I sometimes have to let myself chill out a little, and remind myself that I don't have to chase after every deal.

"I had a cashier tell me today that the coupon said I had to buy PERT shampoo PLUS conditioner to use a PERT PLUS coupon! *sigh*"

LOL! Some of these cashiers are really just too much...

I'm sure your stockpile will be a great relief to you in July. I started seriously hounding during the middle of March, and I'm amazed at how large a stockpile I've built up in that time. It really builds quickly.