Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to Staples

Ok, so here's what I've learned about Staples the past couple days. It used to be that you could use Staples Rewards to pay for other items that give back rewards and everything would be hunky-dory. Now, if you use rewards to pay for items that give out rewards, your rewards certificate will only be for your out of pocket cost. Total bummer! You can however, use rewards towards rebate items. So what I've decided to do is rebuy the totes, paying with cash and returning the set (and other rewards items) that I bought on Sunday. I'm not 100% sure how the return will go, but I think the store will give me back some kind of reward money to be used in the store. Whether that's a gift card or another reward certificate, I haven't a clue.

If you want to check the status of your rewards, you can do so on Staples' website here.
  • Avery 8160 White Address Labels (750/box) $9.99, used $3 coupon and should get back $9.99 in Staples Rewards = $3 profit
  • Staples Legal/Letter Tote $8, will get back $8 in Staples Rewards = FREE
  • Used 10% off a single item coupon (took off $1 for Avery), total was $15.18
Walgreens
  • Full Fast Appetite Control Spray (2 oz) $10, got back $10 RR = FREE
  • Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual or Power Razor System $9.99, used $4 coupon (12/26 P&G) and got back $5 RR = $0.99
  • Holiday candy $0.12 (clearanced)
  • Used $5 RR and $10 RR, total was $1.82
The irony of buying a candy bar and an appetite control spray in the same transaction is not lost on me.

No comments: