Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Not Bad for an On-the-Fly Trip

At work, we're "adopting" a family in a halfway shelter and buying them Christmas gifts from a list they provided us. The mom had listed that she'd like candles, so I'm giving her two huge Glade three wick candles and one smaller Glade candle. I thought it would be nice to include some other good-smellies, so I'm including a bottle of Glade fabric spray and a Sense and Spray air freshner. I didn't want to go too overboard, because I don't know how much room they have for themselves. I totally forgot the items have to be in tomorrow and I couldn't remember if I had any gift bags big enough at home, so I swung by Walgreens on my way home from work. Since it was an impromptu visit, I didn't have my coupons with me. I'll go back tomorrow or Friday for more goodies.
  • 12/9 - 12/12 ONLY: Neutrogena Men's Skin Care $4.99, got back $5 RR = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • 12/9 - 12/12 ONLY: Renu Multi-Purpose Plus Solution Twin Pack (8 oz each) $9.99, got back $10 RR = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • 12/9 - 12/12 ONLY: Stayfree Femine Care Maxi (16 or 24 pk) or Ultra Thin Pads (16 pk) $1.99, got back $2 RR = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • 12/9 - 12/12 ONLY: Conair Hair Brushes Value Pack $2, got back $2 RR = FREE *I bought the one pictured in the ad but Erica has posted that this UPC is also working: 0 74108 95114 4
  • Red Baron pizza $3 - forgot to put in pic
  • Gift bag $2.99
  • WAG cheese stick $0.59 - thought the gift bag was going to be $2.50. Didn't really need to buy this
  • Got back $5 RR *Mine is only good until 12/19! (WYB $25 worth of stuffs), used four $2 RR's and two $8 RR's, total was $2.95

After you include the $5 RR, the total cost of this transaction was $2.95, less than the cost of the gift bag itself, so that's ok by me. Turns out I had a bunch of bags at home I could have used, but you know how that would have gone if I hadn't bought one at the store - I would have had nothing at home!

The store didn't have any of the sale items marked, so I'm not sure what's included in the Scunchi sale. The circular just says "selected hair accessories."

No comments: