Sunday, April 18, 2010

Can't Get Enough of Rebates!

Rite Aid
  • U by Kotex Pads (14-18 ct), Pantiliners (50-60 ct) or Tampons (18 ct) $3.49, used $1 coupon (or 4/18 SS or April All You magazine) and will get back $3.49 SCR (#36) = $1 profit
  • Total was $2.49 - paid with gift card from previous rebate

CVS - first store

  • Olay Total Effects Moisturizer $18.99 and Olay Total Effects face wash $9.99, used FREE face wash coupon (WYB moisturizer, 3/28 SS) and $3 coupon (3/7 P&G) = $15.99

I was expecting to get back $10 EB for spending $24.99 but the face washes aren't included in the sale (although they are fine for the Olay rebate). I'm thinking I'll probably do this same transaction again, minus the Thermacare. That would be $10.14 OOP ($15.99 x 2 minus NB overage and $5 off $40 coupon) and I'd get back $10 EB and the $20 rebate= $19.86 profit!

  • 4 Nature's Bounty Zinc Vitamins $5.79 each, BOGO sale, used four $5 coupons = $8.42 profit *Bought these to cut into the cost of the Olay
  • Thermacare Neck to Arm Heatwrap (one ct) $2.49, got back $2.49 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • Used $5 off $40 CRT (got this today - good timing, huh?), $1 EB, $4.49 EB, total was $1.32

Then at another store, I picked up this bookshelf on 75% clearance - $3.75Gigi really likes it!
Today was another lowrider day. Sorry about the pic, I keep my old camera in my garage for days like this, when there's NO WAY all this stuff is getting hauled upstairs: WOAH NELLY! You're looking at eight cases of Poland Spring water. Let's break it down:

ShopRite

  • 4 cases Poland Spring water $3.99 each, used two $1 off 2 coupons (3/7 RP, expires 4/18) and in-circular coupon to make them three for $10 (fourth was $3.99) = $11.99
  • Got back $5 catalina for buying four cases and I'll submit for a $6 NBPR rebate through Natural Light (WYB $10 worth of various items, including water)
  • After all that, the four cases of water only cost me $0.99!

Repeated this deal at a second store, but I didn't have another circular coupon (first store kept it, bummer), so my total was $13.96. I used a $0.75 catalina that I got for buying some Philadelphia cream cheese for work, so that's pure profit (I'll get fully reimbursed). Total after catalina was $13.21, got back $5 cat and will submit for a separate $6 rebate, so $2.21 for the second set of four cases. All in all, that's $3.20 for 192 bottles of water, so about a penny each. :)

DBF cooked up some yummy ham steaks for dinner

  • 2 Ham Steaks - around $3.30 each
  • Borden Singles Sensations $1.99, used $1 coupon = $0.99
  • Used $2 catalina (from buying Pillsbury Grands last week), total was $5.62
  • I'll submit for a $5 NWPR (no wine purchase required) rebate from Columbia Crest, Chateau Ste. Michelle and Red Diamond for $5 WYB $5 of meat, produce or deli items

Ask me how much I'm loving these NBPR/NWPR rebates! Go on...ask me! I'm loving them THIS MUCH! :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

hahaha you crack me up! I wish I had bought one of those bookcases now... hmm... :)

frugalsuz said...

Lindsay,
Its pretty cute! I've bought a bunch of furniture items from CVS before and they're not bad.