Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Target...Again

I really thought I was done with Target after yesterday's shopping, but then as I was organizing some coupon inserts DBF's mom had given me, I found six more copies of the 8/23 RP, so off I went. Unfortunately, in the cashier roulette, I picked a dud. She scrutinized every coupon and noticed that the BOGO coupons were taking off $4.26 instead of $0.84 - rats! She would only let me use five of the same coupon (never heard that one before at Target but whatever) so I have one lonely $3 and BOGO coupon left. She even took my Target coupons over to CS for approval (but then proceeded to scan ALL five copies even though they say one per customer, hehe). Only minor overage today. That's ok, free dog food is fine with me, but I was hoping for a lot more overage to eat up the cost of my other items. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
  • 5 Purina Chef Michaels bags of dry dog food $4.26 each, used five $3 coupons (8/23 RP) and five $1.50 Target coupons (click on "Target Coupons" and print as many as you want - they do say one per customer so you may be only able to use one at a time) = $1.20 profit
  • 10 Purina Chef Michaels Canine Creations cans $0.84 each, used five BOGO coupons (8/23 RP) and five BOGO Target coupons = FREE
  • New Brad Paisley CD (LOVE him!) $13.99 - I'm going to do what I usually do, make a copy for myself and then sell the original online. :)
  • Scrapbooking summer stickers - clearanced to $0.98
  • Total was $16.08

Did you all realize that Monday is Labor Day? I totally forgot and was pleasantly surprised to remember I don't have to go to work on Monday. :)

3 comments:

A Day In The Life said...

Have you little guys tried the dog food yet? Lucky loves it. She is an American Bulldog and weighs over 90 lbs so her diet would consist on 1 of those bags. LOL I don't feed her that much. I let her try it yesterday and she loves it...

frugalsuz said...

Wow, that's a big dog! I'm glad she loves it. You can't beat free food. I actually have two cats and my boyfriend feeds his dog Shadow only one brand of food. I'm going to see if my sister wants it for her dog Riley. If not, I'll donate it to the animal shelter. There are always hungry puppies there. :)

Connie said...

My doggies love it too! So funny! I went back for more today, but I didn't get overage either :( and I'm not sure why. Bought the exact same as I did yesterday with the same coupons...hmmm...I just don't get it, but, like you said, free dog food is free dog food, and they like it!