Monday, July 6, 2009

Round Two

Basically a repeat of yesterday's purchases:
CVS - DBF's card
  • 2 Bayer Contour meters $19.99 each, used two freebie coupons (10/26 RP, 2/1 RP or 3/22 SS) and got back $10 EB ($5 EB each, Limit 2, July monthly deal) = $10 profit
  • Bayer Breeze meter $19.99, used freebie coupon (10/26 RP, 2/1 RP or 3/22 SS) and got back $5 EB (Limit 2, July monthly deal) = $5 profit
  • 3 CVS brand invisible tape $1.49 each, got back $4.47 ($1.49 EB each, Sun & Mon ONLY, Limit 3) = FREE
  • 3 CVS pencils $0.99 each, got back $2.97 ($0.99 EB each, Limit 3) = FREE
  • CVS Brand Pantiliners (22 ct) $0.89, got back $0.99 EB (Limit 1) = $0.10 profit
  • 2 Febreze Noticeables $6.50 each, used two $4 coupons (7/5 P&G), Febreze Fabric Refresher $5 and Febreze Air Effects $3, used free coupon (WYB Febreze Fabric Refresher 7/5 P&G), got back $10 EB ($5 EB WYB $10 worth of Febreze, Limit 5) = FREE
  • 2 Hellman's Mayo $3 each, used one $1 coupon (my stupid printer jammed and I couldn't print a second) and got back $2 EB (WYB 2, Limit 1) = $5 or $2.50 each
  • Used $2.49 EB and $20 EB, total was $2.36, overall profit $10.58

Then I went back later and bought more Febreze on my card:

  • 2 Febreze Noticeables $6.50 each, used two $4 coupons (7/5 P&G)
  • 2 Febreze Fabric Refreshers $5 each
  • 2 Febreze Air Effects $3 each, used two free coupons (WYB Febreze Fabric Refresher 7/5 P&G) = FREE
  • Used $4.47 EB and $10 EB, total was $1.55, got back $15 EB ($5 EB WYB $10 worth of Febreze, Limit 5) = FREE

I also got back $1 EB on both cards for my spring spending. Woo - better not spend that all at once!

I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't sleep last night. I had a hard time falling asleep and then an even harder time staying asleep. By the time my alarm went off, I was super groggy. Today was "day one" of some longer-than-normal hours for me, so it was an especially long and tiring day. For the summer, I work an extra hour each day and get to take off Fridays - love that!

I thought I looked well rested, but I guess not, because a student (that I'd never met before) cocked her head, looked at me and said "are you ok?" It was a bit strange! How does one answer that question? Its not like I'm friendly with this girl, I just met her. I said I was fine, thanks for asking. I'm sure she meant well, but it was a smidge awkward.

Then later on in the day, another student brought me a bag of goodies - just because! It was filled with Colgate toothpaste, Palmolive dish detergent, shaving cream and other similar items. Turns out he works for Colgate. I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful of him.

6 comments:

spaghetti0625 said...

I was the same way last night! Must've been the long eventful weekend!

Amanda Grant said...

I got $1 from my spring spending too! And I turned around and spent it right away. Oh well. Easy come, easy go, right?

Pubbler said...

I got a whopping 50c for Spring spending :-) I've also had problems sleeping. I use the BBW Aromatherapy foam bath (Lavender/Vanilla or Lavender/Chamomile) and sleep like a baby afterwards.

frugalsuz said...

spaghetti - that might be it actually. I was going to bed much later than normal over the weekend so my body was probably out of whack.

Amanda,
Ooh you dare-devil you! :p

pubbler,
I don't usually have trouble sleeping. I even took a shower right before bed which usually knocks me right out. Guess it was just one of those nights.

Shelly said...

I need to check this past week's P&G Qs and head back to CVS! I got $3.50 for my spring spending. I get Cokes and milk there so maybe that's what adds up? Seems like a lot, but I'm not nearly as good as you, Suz!

Abigail's_Mommy said...

I ask people I don't know well if they are okay. Is that weird?