Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lots of Stuff


Walmart - stole this deal idea from Precious
  • 3 Bushnell 5 Day Weather Forecasters - clearanced to $50 each (reg. $99.99), will submit for $50 rebate (Limit 3) = FREE
  • Total was $160.50 with tax

Found these in the hardware section of the store. Only two are in the picture because DBF and I wanted to try one out. Its pretty cool! My only gripe is that you have to select a nearby city and it gives you the weather for that area. So depending on how close you are to that city, your weather may be slightly different.

I decided to try out a 24 hour CVS on Saturday night and see if Sunday's deals worked. I asked the cashier before I bought anything if they would, and he assured me the deals were all programmed in already. So I got all my stuff together and checked out. None of the sale prices rang up and none of my EB's printed. The manager guy re-rang me, adjusted all of the prices and then manually printed EB's for me. Was this because the sales were three day sales or something? Anyone ever tried to do sales early like this?

CVS - my card - these deals are good Sun/Mon/Tues only (except for the tampons - those are good all week)

  • 2 Caliber 100 Page Composition Books $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • 2 Caliber Pencil or Index Card Cases $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • 2 CVS Erasers, Push Pins or Binder Clips $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • 2 Pilot Easytouch Pens (2 pack) $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • 2 Swingline Tot Staplers or Caliber Sticky Notes (2 pack) $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • CVS Tampons (10 count) $1.89, got back $1.89 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • Used $0.89 EB, $1.98 EB, $4 EB and $4 EB, total was $1.38

Got back a $12 EB, so I made a $0.21 profit

CVS - DBF's card on Sunday

  • 2 Caliber 100 Page Composition Books $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • 2 Caliber Pencil or Index Card Cases $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • 2 CVS Erasers, Push Pins or Binder Clips $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • 2 Pilot Easytouch Pens (2 pack) $0.99 each, got back $1.98 EB (Limit 2) = FREE
  • CVS Tampons (10 count) $1.89, got back $1.89 EB (Limit 1) = FREE
  • 2 Bic Triumph pens $3.99 each, BOGO sale, used two $2 coupons = FREE/$0.02 profit
  • 2 Tostitos $3 each, used $3 off 2 coupon (from previous Pepsi/Frito rebate) = $3 or $1.50 each
  • 6 papers $1.50 each
  • Used $2.49 EB, $4 EB, $5 EB and $10 EB, total was $0.64
Walgreens
  • 6 Scotch mailing envelopes $0.39 each
  • Total was $2.50 - paid with gift card
Kmart
  • 2 Tidy Cats litter pads $4.99 each
  • Used $10 gift card (from previous rebate), total was $0.68
ShopRite - Amiyrah was kind enough to post that you can buy more than three Blue Bunny's at one time. If you buy six, you'll get a $6 catalina. Buy nine, get a $9. That makes life easier!
  • 3 Blue Bunny pints $0.99 each, used three $1 coupons (adjusted down to $0.99 each, have to join Scream Team to get the coupon, it will be emailed to you), got back $3 catalina and catalina for free reusable bag = $3 profit
  • Pompeian Olive Oil $3 (used $1 coupon) and four Pompeian cooking wines $1.25 each (used four $0.50 coupons), got back $5 catalina and catalina for free reusable bag = $2 profit
  • 4 Snapples $1 each, used four $0.75 coupons (tearpad - found at Target), got back $1 catalina = $1 profit
  • Got $0.10 bag discount, total was $3.11

11 comments:

Unknown said...

The 3 day sales never seem to go through with the ECB's for me. If the price wasn't right then the manager hadn't switched the prices. I did it to Sat night and had the same problem with the ECB's

American Dreamer said...

Great shopping for you! I am so glad that you found the weather forecasters.

Lindsay said...

Hi Suz,
I too have tried this early. For some reason it really only works on the specified days, even if the sale has already turned over. :(
HTH!

Slickcat said...

Where exactly did you find those weather thingies? With the outdoor stuff? It looks like that would make a great Christmas gift for my dad, and he's impossible to buy for. Nice haul!

Amiyrah said...

good job at shop rite. hopefully my deals helped :o).
I didn't put up the blue bunny coupon link because some stores will not take that particular coupon since it doesn't have a website or a watermark, so you readers should beware. Also, that deal can be done all together. It does not have to be rolled. You can get 6 ice creams and get 6 dollars back, 9 ice creams for 9 dollars back, etc.

Tanya said...

You're exactly right on about why the ECBs didn't print for you. If you buy items that are on sale with ECBs all week the ECBs will print but if you do the deals that are only 1,2,3, days long they are not programmed in the system early.

Very frustrating :(

Amanda Grant said...

I went to my only local CVS last night, and ALL of the school supply stuff was gone. Thank goodness for rainchecks, though. Looks like you had some great shopping! :)

Pubbler said...

Have you seen the 50c Scotch shipping supply Q in yesterday's RP? You can use in on the envelopes at WAGS this week.

Angie.... said...

The lady that programs the sales at my store said she actually puts them in the comp early sat morn and by at 6pm sat evening they go through..i asked because i would get up early on sunday morn for the deals and everything was gone and she told me people would come in early sat evening for the deals..so this week i was there at 6pm for my deals that i was always getting rainchecks for...im still looking for last weeks binders and pencils that i got rainchecks for.

frugalsuz said...

Tiffany,
After I left the store, I thought I remembered something about three day sales being different. Figures!

Precious,
I was glad too, my store had a ton of them.

Lindsay,
Hmm, that's weird!

Emily,
They were in the hardware section. I had to ask for some help finding them, but this store had a whole bunch. Another store I tried earlier in the week didn't carry Bushnell at all, so it may vary from store to store.

Amiyrah,
I've never had a store give me any grief about watermarks, that's weird. Good tip with the Blue Bunny, I may just buy a bunch all at once. Thanks!

Tanya,
Thanks, at least I know better now. :)

Amanda,
Yikes! Rainchecks are great and all, but sometimes it throws me off to not have a product in stock. I hate having to change my scenario in the store. Oh well, what can you do?

pubbler,
I did! I went to WAGs before I bought my papers, and since I didn't get the Scotch coupon the last time it came out, I wasn't holding my breath this time around. I was so happy to see it in the paper! I used four coupons this morning to buy 6 envelopes and the total was only about $0.50! Sounds good to me. I just ordered a bunch more coupons off ebay, hopefully they'll arrive before the end of the week.

Angie,
I'm still looking for those binders too. The problem is that I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for!

Unknown said...

I tried to do CVS deals on Saturday night too. The manager told me that the 3-day sales CANNOT be activated until midnight, but all the other weekly sales are activated Saturday night. So for awesome 3-day sales, I go around 11:45, pick out all my stuff and then at midnight I check out. All the sales have been activated and the ECBs print out.