Friday, August 31, 2012

Liquid Gold...


First of all, how cool is it that I hit 700K visitors today?!?  Thank you ALL for stopping by!  It really means a lot to me.  :)

Second, how funny are the Velveeta commercials lately?  Those cheesy skillets commercials were great, and now the new one with the helicopter guy at the mall?  I love it!

ShopRite - finally got here for the week.  Better late than never!

  • 4 Francesco Rinaldi Sauces $1.25 each, used four $0.50 coupons (say DND but doubled at self checkout, 8/5 RP) = $0.25 each *These are on sale next week too
  • 4 Turkey Hill Ice Creams $1.87 each, used two $1 off 2 coupons (7/8 RP) = $1.37 each
  • 2 Lays BBQ Chips $2.14 each, will use towards $4 Smirnoff NBPR rebate on hot dogs, salsa or chips (DGUSA0335) = $0.18
  • Grands Biscuits $1.99
Now here are the catalina items:
  • 2 Velveeta Shells & Cheese $2.50 each, used two $1 coupons = $3
  • 4 Crystal Lites $1.99 each, used four $0.50 tearpad coupons (found at Walgreens) = $3.96
  • 4 Oscar Mayer Cold Cuts $2.99 each
  • Total was $31.91
Got back a $5 catalina good for school supplies for purchasing $20 of qualifying items and a $10 Kraft catalina for purchasing 10 qualifying items.  After the $4 rebate, that brings the cost of this transaction down to $12.91.  Also bought a package of ground beef for $7.54 - will send away for $5 Pabst NBPR rebate on beef.
Rite Aid - now this is embarassing.  I posted earlier in the week that I was missing a $5 UP for my Schick purchases.  (found it)  Note to self - if you're going to hurridly stuff receipts into your work bag, it helps to remember that you put receipts into said bag.  But here's what's worse - that meant that I'd earned two $5 UP's.  I bought a couple more razors today, got a third $5 UP and my receipt said limit reached.  So I have no idea if I didn't earn a fourth UP like I should have or if its on some forgotten receipt somewhere.  I've been such a hot mess this week.  Either way, it was still a profit so I'm going to just move on.  

  • Over the course of the week, I bought (I think) 10 Schick razors - $7.67 each minus $3 circular coupon minus $4 coupon (8/19 SS) and got back $15 UP's (I think) = $8.30 profit
  • 2 Doritos $4.29 and BOGO sale, will use towards $5 Bud Light NBPR rebate on 2 bags Doritos (#32915, valid until 9/30) = FREE
  • 2 Bic Highlighters (5 pk) $0.99 each, used $1 off 2 coupon (7/29 SS) and will get back $3 (SCR #46, $3 WYB 3, Limit 1) *I bought four the other day
  • 2 Reynold's Wraps $4.49 each, used two $0.30 peelie coupons *Needed these to finish out a $5 Reynolds/Hefty rebate (WYB $15)
CVS - got a 25% off coupon in my email for two of my cards

  • 2 Body Sprays $2.99 and $1.49 (BOGO 50% off), used $5 fragrance CRT (got today) = $0.52 profit 
  • Dermasilk Skin Perfect $29.99, used $5 coupon (8/26 RP) and got back $10 EB (Limit 1) = $14.99
  • Used 25% coupon (took off $6.46) and $5 EB, total was $14.88.  Got back $1 green bag EB so total cost was $8.88
Then on another card - 

  • 3 Advil Congestion Relief (10 ct) $4.99 each, used two $2 coupons and $1 coupon (8/26 RP), got back $4 EB (WYB 2, Limit 1) and will send away for $10 rebate (WYB 3 qualifying items, 8/26 RP) = $4.03 profit
  • Dermasilk Skin Perfect $29.99, used $5 coupon (8/26 RP) and got back $10 EB (Limit 1) = $14.99
  • Used 25% coupon (took off $7.50) and $5 EB, total was $24.21.  So after the EB's I received and the $10 rebate, this transaction cost only $0.21!  I'll sell the Dermasilk on ebay to make it a bigger profit. :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Don't be embarrassed - I shopped at my Bi-Lo yesterday and got mostly the B1G1 deals...shoulda been around $25 at the checkout. Had problems with some peelies on stuff, and I was at the self checker, so the lady came over and straightened it all out. $20 in coupons/peelies, then cut the total nearly in half with the B1's, and yet I went ahead and swiped my debit at a $60+ total. DUH! Head smack. I had swiped my Bi-Lo card at the beginning but something with the lady going in to manually entered coupons must have deleted it - to make matters worse, the receipt printed and only about half the stuff printed on it - no register, trans number, time, etc. The service counter lady was really nice but couldn't do simple math to save her soul, so they had to call a manager - she kept telling me I only had $10 coming back and the tuna alone at B1G1 was $10 off. Took a half hour, and my Kemps frozen yogurt cones (B1G1, they have little PB cups on top and are delish!) were melting...but I finally got back almost $30 in cash. Victory!!! LOL

frugalsuz said...

Mary,
Ugh, what a pain! I'm glad you got the money back you deserved, but I totally know the feeling of standing at that counter and having to say over and over - nope, not the right amount. Time for the calculator! lol