Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Flintstones are Blooming

Fred and Wilma are flourishing in our backyard.  Everyone knows that its polite to give your tree a name.  It helps them develop a sense of self and grow into a happy, well adjusted tree.  Right?  Right?  Ok then, moving on.  Wilma is the lovely cherry blossom you see above - she looks so feminine with those pretty flowers!
And Fred is our soon-to-be beefy weeping willow.  I'm so happy to see these guys growing!
Stop & Shop - this is a fabulous gas deal, so only valid in states where you get a discount on gas.  I know NJ doesn't do these, so I bought everything in NY.  Big thank you to Melanie for posting this deal. I would have never seen it without her post.


Ok, so here we go.  Puffs tissues are $2 a box, $1.50 for the cubes.  When you buy three, you get a gas discount of $0.20 off per gallon.  The discount is good for a maximum of 35 gallons, so $0.20 off 35 gallons = $7.  So you're spending $4.50 - $6 on the tissues (depending on which ones you buy), but getting a discount of $7 at the pump.  Make sense?  So that equals FREE tissues and a fantastic deal on gas.  My car's tank is about 10 gallons and DBF's truck holds about 25, so we'll fill up both vehicles when redeeming this discount.

  • 2 Libman Heavy Scrubbers $2.39 each and Libman Tub & Tile Scrubber $2.95 = $7.73 OOP and $7 gas discount earned = $0.73 or $0.24 each
  • 21 Puffs boxes $2 each and 9 Puffs cubes $1.50 each = $55.50 OOP and $70 gas discount earned = $14.50 profit
I didn't realize the cubes were counting for this deal until I'd already purchased a bunch of the boxes.  That's a better deal, so get those if you're going for this deal.  I've now earned a discount of $2.20 off a gallon x 35 gallons = $77 of gas for $63.23.  Not bad!  $2.20 is the maximum discount you can earn, otherwise I'd still be at the store!


Just realized the large boxes rang up as $2.19 each.  I'll swing by the store tomorrow and get an adjustment for this.

I've been also hitting up Walgreens pretty hard.  I don't remember the last time I shopped there so much in a week.  I was very lucky to get the $5 Nasal Ease coupon in my papers.  I probably would have passed on these deals if I hadn't received that coupon.  The $5 - $8 profit on the Nasal Ease is great!  Here are the details on everything I got - 

  • Nasal Ease Allergy Relief (0.18 oz) $9, used $5 coupon (3/11 RP), will submit for $3 rebate and got back $9 RR = $8 profit *I'll send away for a rebate at my address, DBF's mom's address and my parents' address.  So $5 profit on the remaining ones I bought
  • Similasan Nasal Allergy Relief Spray (0.68 oz) $6, used $1.50 coupon (4/1 SS or April All You magazine) and got back $6 RR = $1.50 profit
  • Lysol Dual Action Wipes $3.99, got back $1.50 RR and will submit for TMF rebate (or 3/18 SS) = $1.50 profit 
  • Pepsi Next (20 oz) $0.99, got back $0.99 RR = FREE
  • Goody Hair Elastics (27 pk) $1.99, got back $1 RR = $0.99
  • Dawn Dish Soap $0.99, used $0.20 coupon (4/1 P&G) = $0.79
  • Hunts Tomato Sauce $0.33 with in-circular coupon

No comments: