Tuesday, April 24, 2012

$0.001 per sheet!



Stop & Shop - you're going to love this deal.  There's a catalina deal this week where you get $5 WYB $15 of qualifying items, including Scott Paper Towels (Choose-a-size or Mega 6 rolls), Scott Toilet Paper (12 rolls) and Scott Refill Wipes (170 ct).  This promo is working based on shelf prices.  There's also another catalina deal specifically on Scott products - buy two and get $2 or buy three and get $3.  For this second catalina, you have to buy two or three different items, so one paper towel, one toilet paper and/or one wipes.  You couldn't buy two toilet papers, you would only get the $5 catalina, not the $2 one.


Here's what I got - 

  • Scott Naturals Paper Towels $4.99 (shelf price $5.99), used $0.70 coupon (this doubled for me at self checkout) = $3.59
  • Scott Toilet Paper $6.99 (shelf price $10.49)
  • Total was $10.58 and I got back a $5 catalina (for spending $15) and $2 catalina (for buying two different items) = $3.58 or $1.79 each

On a pack of tp with 1275 sheets (or thereabouts) at $1.79, that works out to $0.001 a sheet.  Love that!


There are $1 coupons for Naturals paper towels, wipes and toilet paper in the 4/15 SS.  I couldn't find any Naturals toilet paper in my stores that wasn't the tubeless kind (no cardboard rolls in the center).  These are the only Scott item I've seen reported NOT working for this deal.  Avoid the tubeless!


Walgreens
  • I Cool+D Menopause Relief Tablets (45 ct) $10, used $2 coupon (2/19 RP) and got back $10 RR = $2 profit
  • U by Kotex Sleek Tampons (Super Plus, Regular, or Super 18 ct) $3.99, used $1 coupon (3/25 SS) and got back $3 RR = FREE/$0.01 profit
  • 3 Tuf Paper Towels $0.69 each with in-circular coupon
  • Used $1.50 RR, $2 RR and $9 RR, total was $0.81
What a fiasco this transaction was.  The cashier and manager had to ring me up FOUR times.  The cashier scanned all my coupons and as I went to swipe my gift card to pay, my total shot up by $1.50.  It was rejecting my $1.50 RR for whatever reason.  I've never had this happen before and the folks at Walgreens seemed equally clueless as to what was happening.  They voided the transaction, tried again - same thing.  We switched registers - same thing.  So bizarre!  The manager didn't do anything differently the fourth time (that I saw anyway) but for some reason, everything worked perfectly that time.  I read on SD that some folks were having trouble redeeming the $9 RR, so maybe that has something to do with it. 

No comments: