Its looking better though now that DBF took off the heat shield. The brick behind it looks to be in really good shape, which is a relief. The plan is to take the wood stove out to reveal the regular fireplace. This will free up some space in the living room and we think it will look a lot better. Once the stove is gone, we're going to rip off the wood paneling above it. Unfortunately, the wall behind it is pretty beat up, so we're going to put up some new paneling instead and DBF is going to build a purty mantel.
Back to the shopping -
Stop & Shop
- 2 Hunts Ketchups $1 each
- 2 Ballpark Hot Dogs $4.59 each, BOGO sale and used $1 off 2 coupon = $1.79 each
- 2 Hillshire Farm Kielbasas $4.49 each, BOGO sale = $2.24 each
- Whole bunch of boneless skinless chicken breast at $1.89/lb
- Total was $26.14
- 3 PC Pizza Doughs $0.88 each, B1G2 free = $0.29 each
- Dole Salads $3.99 each, B1G2 free = $1.33 each
- Dole Celery $1.99, used $1 coupon = $1
- Margherita Sliced Pepperoni $3.99, BOGO sale = $1.99 each
- 3 Tostitos Blue Corn chips $1.99 each (3 day sale) *These did not ring up as the sale price, had to get an adjustment in CS
- Sunchips $3.99, BOGO sale = $1.99 each
- 3 Digiorno Pizzas $4.50 each, used three for $10 coupon from circular and $3 off 2 tearpad coupon = three for $7 or $2.33 each
- 2 Red Baron Pizzas $6.99 *Circular advertises a double pack for this price but the store didn't have any. They let me substitute the double pack for two individual pies.
- Milk $1.09
- 2 ICBINB Tubs $2.50 - should have used the coupons in today's circular! I saw these in the aisle and remembered that we were almost out
- 5 Cracker Barrel cheeses $2 each
- Eggland Eggs $1.77, used $0.35 coupon (1/29 SS) = $1.42 *The coupon beeped and when the cashier manually entered in the amount, it didn't double.
- Total was $51.32
At Target, I found these chair cushions on clearance for about $7 each. Gigi has barely moved from them all day! I also picked up a really cute screen for the fireplace for around $35.