Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Who Doesn't Like Foam Monkeys?

I am so lovin' how orderly this picture is! Ok, here we go:

Rite Aid
  • 2 Darice Foam Kits (jewelery box & pirate ship) $2.39 each ($2.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount), used $5/2 RA coupon (Dec. Video Values) and got back $5 UP (WYB 2) = $5.22 profit
  • 6 Pilot EZ Touch Pens $1.83 each ($2.29 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back three $4 UP's ($4 WYB 2) = $1.02 profit
  • 4 BTS Wooden Rulers $0.79 each ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back two $2 UP's ($2 WYB 2, deal valid until 1/22) = $0.84 profit
  • 4 Pentech Pink Erasers (2 pk) $0.79 each ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back two $2 UP's ($2 WYB 2, deal valid until 1/22) = $0.84 profit
  • 2 Harvard Square Pencils $0.79 each ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back $2 UP (WYB 2, deal valid until 1/22) = $0.42 profit
  • 10 Nivea Lip Care $2 each, used five BOGO coupons (12/5 RP) and got back $10 UP (WYB $20) = FREE *Also gives me $20 towards the $20 Buy & Save/Resolution Rewards promo (WYB $100 on qualifying items, valid until 1/22)
  • 8 Pantene Sham/Cond/Stylers $3.50 each, used four BOGO coupons (11/28 P&G, *Expire 12/31) and two $3 off 2 coupons (12/26 P&G) and got back four $1 UP's ($1 WYB 2) = $4 or $0.50 each
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon, $1 Video Values coupon (off total order - from December I think?), five $5 UP's, $3 UP and two $1 UP's, total was $3.88, overall profit $7.12
On DBF's card, I did basically the same thing. I didn't finish watching the Video Values on his account so I didn't have the $5 Darice coupon to use. Bummer
  • 4 BTS Wooden Rulers $0.79 each ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back two $2 UP's ($2 WYB 2, deal valid until 1/22) = $0.84 profit
  • 2 Darice Foam Kits (jewelery box & monkey) $2.39 and $1.83 ($2.99 & $2.29 reg price, 20% Wellness discount), got back $5 UP (WYB 2) = $0.78 profit
  • 4 Pilot EZ Touch Pens $1.83 each ($2.29 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back two $4 UP's ($4 WYB 2) = $0.68 profit
  • 2 Harvard Square Pink Erasers (2 pk) $0.79 each ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back $2 UP (WYB 2, deal valid until 1/22) = $0.42 profit
  • 2 Tugaboos Diapers $0.79 each ($0.99 reg price, 20% Wellness discount), used two $1 coupons (found inside package) = $0.42 profit *Counts towards Buy & Save promo
  • 10 Nivea Lip Care $2 each, used five BOGO coupons (12/5 RP) and got back $10 UP (WYB $20) = FREE *Gives me $20 towards Buy & Save promo
  • 2 Office Expert Thumbtacks $1.03 each ($1.29 reg price, 20% Wellness discount) and got back $2 UP (WYB 2) = $0.06
  • 8 Pantene Sham/Cond/Stylers $3.50 each, used four BOGO coupons (11/28 P&G, *Expire 12/31) and two $3 off 2 coupons (12/26 P&G) and got back four $1 UP's ($1 WYB 2) = $4 or $0.50 each
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon, seventeen $1 UP's (that was fun), three $2 UP's and $5 UP, total was $3.82, overall profit $3.18
I've now spent $56 on Pantene, so I'm going to submit for a $20 rebate (WYB $50 of various P&G items including Pantene). I didn't include this in my calculations because I'm sending it to my sister's address in VA as an after-Christmas present.


Now a more advanced couponer might ponder, "frugalsuz, why didn't you split up your transactions to make better use of the soon-to-be-expired $5/$25 coupons?"

(frugalsuz chews her lip and stares off into space)

"Excellent question fellow hounder! I have a perfectly logical, mathematical reason to that quandary."

(nervous silence)

"Ok...I lied, I have no idea why I did that."

We all have our moments dear friends. It could be a combination of wanting to minimize my RiteAid trips for this week, the pressure of having seventeen $1 UP's expiring in a matter of days, feeling a cold coming on and a lack of sleep caused by the two jerks living downstairs who chose 5 am for yet another huge blowout fight involving yelling, screaming, stomping around, slamming doors and a dramatic exit somewhat hampered by a snowed in car. Nothing says "I'm leaving and never coming back!" like storming out to your car, slamming it into reverse and gunning it...only to get stuck in the snow, go forward six inches, back four, forward three, back seven, forward again five, back again...and we're out of the spot and driving off furiously! (he was back by the time I got home from work by the way)

On a happier note, FOAM MONKEYS! I sure as heck don't remember foam monkeys when I was growing up. All is right with the world again.

7 comments:

Chitra said...

Hey Suz, I was thinking the same thing about the 5$/25. Since we have only 2 more days to use it, I have been going in there and doing 2 transactions at a time. I received my Resolution rewards today and it expires 2/21.

Pubbler said...

I didn't get any Ups for the pencils (no sign by pencils). 2 of my stores also had rubber bands & thumbtacks tagged as part of the UP deal, but nothing printed. Guess I'll be contacting RA about this.

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Love the monkey's! I have yet to make it to Rite Aid this week. I'm hoping there will be something left! :)

Amanda Grant said...

I totally understand about not using a certain coupon--I've done that many, many times myself! Hang in there and take care of yourself! Happy new year!
Amanda @ TMI

Anonymous said...

I love your posts - always get a laugh - sorry about those neighbors!

Sheila said...

I'm glad your coupons came in...hoping mine come today!
Great trips even w/out utilizing our favorite 5/25 coupon to its potential ;)

frugalsuz said...

Chitra,
I'm all for using it as much as I can, but I'm so tired! Its tough to be sick and shop at the same time. Awesome news about the Resolution Rewards! That's a nice long expiration date.

Pubbler,
That stinks, I wonder why it didn't work for you?

Jamie,
The stores I went to had tons of school supplies so hopefully you'll be able to find those. I don't think RA stocks many of the foam kits so they may be a smidge harder to find.

Amanda,
Thanks, you do the same

Thanks debbie & Sheila!