Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Think I'm Running out of Titles

'cause I got nuthin creative for y'all. Nuthin. Guess you'll just have to make due with a moneymaker deal. I know, life is rough sometimes.
Rite Aid - now that this deal is definitely working, I plunged in. Earlier in the week, no UP Rewards printed out, which is a pain in the rear since the store doesn't have the ability to manually print UP Rewards if there's a problem.
  • 7 Air Wick Compact I-Motions $4.99 each ($9.99 regular price, 50% off sale), used seven $4 coupons (8/29 SS) and $5 off $25 coupon, got back $10 UP Reward (WYB $30 of qualifying items)
  • Used $1 UP Reward, total was $3.03, overall profit after tax $5.97

I only had three more Air Wick coupons, so I mixed and matched with some Finish at another store.

  • 3 Air Wick Compact I-Motions $4.99 each ($9.99 regular price, 50% off sale), used three $4 coupons (8/29 SS)
  • 3 Finish Quantumatic Starter Kits $5.49 each ($10.99 regular price, 50% off sale), used three $3 coupons (or here)
  • Used $5 off $25 coupon, $1 UP Reward, $1 UP Reward, $1 UP Reward and $2 UP Reward, total was $2.29, overall profit after tax = $2.71
CVS
  • $25 DSW gift card, got back $5 EB (Limit 2) - I consider this a $5 profit since I'm converting $25 in cash to $25 in a gift card and getting back an additional $5.

The other day I went back to The Gap to return/rebuy some jeans I'd bought online. I posted about this earlier. Basically what happened was that I bought a $50 gift card for $25 through Groupon, but the store didn't have what I wanted in stock. So I bought what I wanted online, returned the jeans I didn't want (I bought 4 pairs, kept one) and rebought the one I wanted to keep in the store, using my gift card. Pretty awesome of the store, huh? You can't use the gift card online and normally, the store wouldn't let you purchase online merchandise, so I was very happy. It got even better though, the jeans were half off! The cashier very nicely offered to mark them back up to their regular price of $69.50 for me, but I said not to go to all that trouble, I'd happily take them at the sale price. So I paid $35 for them and picked up $15 worth of socks to use up my gift card.

No comments: